GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Manhunt*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:49
Regular
"BOSE"
Just heard on the radio, then on tv when came home, "Manhunt" (game yeah)...they're trying to bann it because some kid who has incredibly stupid parents who bought it for them or needs serious help. Either way they need help. Wasn't sure about it when it was released, but just watched some gameplay footage of it and it looks great. So just bought me a copy. After watching the clip, i can't believe parents would let their kid have this game
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:49
Regular
"BOSE"
Just heard on the radio, then on tv when came home, "Manhunt" (game yeah)...they're trying to bann it because some kid who has incredibly stupid parents who bought it for them or needs serious help. Either way they need help. Wasn't sure about it when it was released, but just watched some gameplay footage of it and it looks great. So just bought me a copy. After watching the clip, i can't believe parents would let their kid have this game
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:50
Regular
"\\"
Weally?

I havn't heard of this before. *sigh*
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:53
Regular
this is an ok game but it is extremely sick and violent. Oddly it gives you a feeling of glee as your weapons become more lethal and gory. Its a bad influence on anyone, no wonder their considering banning it. Its already been banned in new zealand if anyone watched the wright stuff oday.
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Don't let me down"
What time did he get up?
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:55
Regular
"BOSE"
Yeah. If you keep the news on or look for it around the net you should be able to know the details
Thu 29/07/04 at 14:05
Regular
"BOSE"
[/URL]news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/3936597.stm
Thu 29/07/04 at 14:07
Regular
"BOSE"
bloody hell! sorry can't work out how to link it. SR keep saying about spaces!

go to:
http://www.news.bbc.co.uk
type in "manhunt" and select news
it should be the one at the top
Thu 29/07/04 at 14:14
Regular
I really enjoyed Manhunt. Sure it's repetetive and some will find it boring, but I just really enjoyed the gritty presentation and dark style of the game.

The violence although graphic wears off after the first few kills anyway, sure the kiddies will flock to it to see the gore but there's a lot more to the game than just some graphic executions. There are times when I think Rockstar went a bit to far though, a few of the things the enemies come out with are just not right, but other than that it's a good game.
Thu 29/07/04 at 14:34
Regular
kevstar wrote:
> What time did he get up?

lol, 10:02 actually. Just in time for the wright stuff. Interesting show, recently started watching.
Thu 29/07/04 at 14:38
Regular
"BOSE"
just ordered it on Play.com. it said "order placed" then went to awaiting stock!

spokeswoman for Dixons said: "We are taking it off the shelves with immediate effect."

Other stores have also been debating whether or not to stock the game.

A Virgin Megastores spokesperson said they advise customers on content.

"While we take a level of responsibility, ultimately, censorship decisions are up to the consumer."

WH Smith confirmed they stocked the game and were considering their position.

it's only dixons who have banned it at the moment. most other places are just letting the customers know when they're buying that it's...violent. Now this has been on the news, sales of the game are gonna go up like hot cakes

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.