GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bias"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/06/01 at 12:05
Regular
We are all biased.

We can't help it, it's natural to speak well of the things we like.

But it's one thing to be biased, another entirely to be ignorant.

You can scream from the rooftops how much you love your Nintendo, Sega, Playstation or whatever. Fine. Just don't start on the Nintendo is crap for kids, Playstation games are all the same crap without a little knowledge to go with it.

Rather that just insisting that your own console is the best, why not take a look at what the competitors have to offer. You might find that it will actually be better for you.
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:33
Regular
"not dead"
That's probably why what you write, Bonus, comes across as being a fair arguement (except for those times when you're being deliberately obtuse).
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:29
Regular
MMMMM, guess what, I did look at the possibilites raised by Ninty, MS and Sony before plumping up my hard earned cash for a PS2. I owned and N64 before my PS2 and loved it, but times, along with people change, and when you Ninty fans grow up you will see that Kiddie games, as good as they are, are not as appealing as some more adult orientated games!!
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:19
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:
> Lylat Wars.

Yep. I liked it.
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Lylat Wars.
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:05
Regular
"not dead"
We are all biased.

We can't help it, it's natural to speak well of the things we like.

But it's one thing to be biased, another entirely to be ignorant.

You can scream from the rooftops how much you love your Nintendo, Sega, Playstation or whatever. Fine. Just don't start on the Nintendo is crap for kids, Playstation games are all the same crap without a little knowledge to go with it.

Rather that just insisting that your own console is the best, why not take a look at what the competitors have to offer. You might find that it will actually be better for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.