GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bias"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/06/01 at 12:05
Regular
We are all biased.

We can't help it, it's natural to speak well of the things we like.

But it's one thing to be biased, another entirely to be ignorant.

You can scream from the rooftops how much you love your Nintendo, Sega, Playstation or whatever. Fine. Just don't start on the Nintendo is crap for kids, Playstation games are all the same crap without a little knowledge to go with it.

Rather that just insisting that your own console is the best, why not take a look at what the competitors have to offer. You might find that it will actually be better for you.
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:33
Regular
Well if it keeps going in that direction then it might even rach the port where Nintendo are launching the Gamecube.

:-D
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:30
Regular
Sony ahs managed to fix the rudder on the PS2 and it has finally set sail in the correct direction. The stars have been aligned above it's brow and the wind of popularity and temptation push it ever closer to finding the gaming holy grail!!
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:28
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Have you ever for just one second thought, that Digitiser might just
> be wrong??

Yep, but it always turns out that they were right in the end.

I've been reading them for 3 years.

If they say a console isn't too good then it isn't too good.

Still, on the DC's launch they said that Sega was messing up left right and centre. It was only a year later when they announced that the DC had matured to become the best console to buy right now.

Who knows, the PS2 might still turn out to be good...
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:21
Regular
Your about as fair as I am obtuse!!
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:21
"possibly impossible"
On the subject of the N64.

If the N64 is a 'kiddie's console' that you grow out of, then I hope I never grow up.

And that's all I've got to say about that!
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I am never buy an X-Box buy an X-Box buy an X-Box buy an X-Box buy an X-Box biased.
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:18
Regular
Have you ever for just one second thought, that Digitiser might just be wrong??
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:17
Regular
The only ones who shouldn't be biased are multiformat gaming mags and they rarely are.

Poor old Digitiser can not win though.

They pointed out that the Saturn was dead. Millions of Sega fans wrote in calling them biased.

They pointed out that PC's crash. Billions of PC owners wrote in calling them biased.

They refused to give Zelda: Orcarina of Time 100%, giving it only 96% instead (LOL!) and billions of Nintendo owners moaned at them for THAT! (This was before I got an N64)

When they pointed out that the DC's launch was a mess, every single Sega fan got out the pen and paper.
When a year later they pointed out that the DC was now the best console to own, every one else wrote in saying that they're unfairly biased towards Sega.

Now it's the PS2 owners turn to moan as Digitiser continually tells them that bar one or two nice games, the PS2 isn't that good.

They just can't win... :-D
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:33
Regular
Meka_Dragon wrote:
(except for those times when you're being
> deliberately obtuse).

So Bonus is actually an angle from a triangle?

Hmmmm, you learn something new every day.....
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Have you still got my address etc?

Nope.... [email protected] is mine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.