GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bias"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/06/01 at 12:05
Regular
We are all biased.

We can't help it, it's natural to speak well of the things we like.

But it's one thing to be biased, another entirely to be ignorant.

You can scream from the rooftops how much you love your Nintendo, Sega, Playstation or whatever. Fine. Just don't start on the Nintendo is crap for kids, Playstation games are all the same crap without a little knowledge to go with it.

Rather that just insisting that your own console is the best, why not take a look at what the competitors have to offer. You might find that it will actually be better for you.
Mon 25/06/01 at 14:59
Regular
"not dead"
Have you still got my address etc?
Mon 25/06/01 at 14:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
I've still got it!

I still want it!

:D
Mon 25/06/01 at 14:44
Regular
"not dead"
er-no wrote:
> Meka... Secret of Mana?

I've still got it!
Mon 25/06/01 at 14:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
Meka... Secret of Mana?
Mon 25/06/01 at 13:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well done Meka, this is exactly what I was trying to say on Saturday (or was it Sunday? Time has no meaning for me any more...).

Good post.
Mon 25/06/01 at 13:16
Eh? You like Sony because of riots in burnley? But that doensn't make sense at all...
Mon 25/06/01 at 13:13
Regular
"Back For Good"
Sony is the best for me,in fact I've been on it all day today.
I don't know if you've heard about riots in a little town called burnley well last night there was police choppers out,coppers in full riot gear and the whole street was on fire. f--K me this is 2 miles from my house, I think I'll just stay inside and play tekken today.
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:41
Regular
Me deliberately obtuse??? Never!!! Surely not??

Well, ok then, but someone has to be, if we were all sincere all of the time, this place would be so boring. But at a stage on the N64 I felt as though I was growing out of Nintendo's games (except for the likes of Mario Kart which were unbelievably fun on 4 player!!). Nintendo does have a lot of 3rd party developers who made adult orientated games for the N64 and I am sure the same will be true for the Gamecube (PD, Goldeneye, Turok and CBFD are perfect examples of this!!)

I needed a change from all of this and have found my new home on the PS2, be it the intelligent thought required to play Kessen, or the panic attack quality of Extermination through the fun of SSX. All the PS2 needs is a Mario Kart, come on Ninty, you know you want too!!!
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I had a PSX.
Loved it.

Had an N64, hated it and sold it.

Therefore, I chose PS2.

I have a PC and love it, hence I am interested in the X-Box.
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:36
Dark Saviour on the Saturn was an RPG that I found exciting. And I associated it with No Doubt's 'Don't Speak' which is also good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.