GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bias"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/06/01 at 12:05
Regular
We are all biased.

We can't help it, it's natural to speak well of the things we like.

But it's one thing to be biased, another entirely to be ignorant.

You can scream from the rooftops how much you love your Nintendo, Sega, Playstation or whatever. Fine. Just don't start on the Nintendo is crap for kids, Playstation games are all the same crap without a little knowledge to go with it.

Rather that just insisting that your own console is the best, why not take a look at what the competitors have to offer. You might find that it will actually be better for you.
Tue 26/06/01 at 08:06
Regular
This bias extends further than consoles. People do it about everything.

People are always arguing about what's best. The other day I was arguing over what the best chip shop was. Everyone believed that it was their own local one and ended up calling everyone elses crap.

Even so, if they're round my house they're quite happy to go and get some chips from my local chippy.

People argue over who the best music band are

Person 1: Steps are the best
Person 2: No, S club 7 are

blah, blah, blah...

They'd still dance to both at a disco though.

On these forums I am continually saying that the Gamecube is better than the PS2 and won't take no for an answer.

But if I went round to a friends house who had one, I probably play on it for hours on end.

Even if it is that little bit inferior to Nintendos machine... :-D
Tue 26/06/01 at 01:43
Regular
"Back For Good"
The Game wrote:
> Sony are losers!

Who is this "the game" p***k cus he's really annoying
Mon 25/06/01 at 23:36
Regular
The Game is a sore loser, and Nintendo haven't even begun yet, so much for die hards, eh??
Mon 25/06/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Sony are losers!
Mon 25/06/01 at 23:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nah, they'll never do it.
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:49
Regular
Yeah, but just think, then maybe someday we could land a man on the moon!!
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:49
"possibly impossible"
But think of all the banana skins flying around the earth, the sun wouldn't get through to us and we'd be plunged into darkness.

argh!
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:44
Regular
I didn't, I was one of the people who said it would someday be possible to send Monkeys into space!!
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:43
"possibly impossible"
It was people like you that said Columbus would sail over the edge of the world and fall off ;-)
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
...or sinking it, take your pick.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.