GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare - The Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 13:55
"Retarded List"
I thought this site could do with a thread about one of the best developers around, so here it is.
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
"8==="
gamesfreak wrote:
> XIII multiplayer was crap.

Ever play capture the flag on it?

Found some great people to play against in Team Deathmatch and CTF, really damn good fun.

Shame half the multiplayer levels are either utter balls or too small AND utter balls. :D
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:33
Regular
"8==="
Hmm that neatly replies to Rickoss's post too.

Sweet.
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:33
Regular
XIII multiplayer was crap.
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:32
Regular
Better than Max Payne?

Heh! now I know you're just saying this to start an argument.
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:31
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> A lot of the 2D games play better than the majority of the 3D gamnes
> even now.

A lot of old 3D games also play better than the majority of 3D games now.

Chocks Away for example.

Was never really too fussed about 2D games as a lot had very little variation and became repetitive quickly. Mario World was slightly different but was still not particluarly brilliant especially when held up to the home computer 32 bit offerings.
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:31
Regular
No, no they don't. Oh, and most things are better than Buffy. ;-)

Like Tiltawhirl said, just because games are 3D, doesn't make them any good. Advance Wars and Yoshi's Island are two of the best games out today, yet they're 2D.
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:28
Regular
"8==="
Rickoss wrote:
> XIII multiplayer

Good fun if you find the right people.

> Blood Rayne,

WTF? Better than Max Payne and Buffy.

> Cel Damage, Whacked...

Both good fun in multiplayer.

Would like to point out I got both copies of XIII for free, blood rayne for 12 quid swapped AUF for Cel Damage (which is now off along with the cube) and whacked for about 6 quid.

Wouldn't recommned paying 30 quid for them but then for half of the games I get I don't pay anywhere near that much.

Oh and they all still clearly beat DKR :D
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:26
Regular
A lot of the 2D games play better than the majority of the 3D gamnes even now.
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:24
Regular
"8==="
Was having fun since 3D gaming was already very much alive on 32bit computer of the time rahter than having to deal with the rather simple 2D offerings you've mentioned (exlcluding Mario Kart which rocked in short doses) of the consoles.
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:22
Regular
Haha, XIII multiplayer, Blood Rayne, Cel Damage, Whacked...

*shakes head*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.