GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare - The Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 13:55
"Retarded List"
I thought this site could do with a thread about one of the best developers around, so here it is.
Sun 22/08/04 at 12:08
Regular
You expected me to go out and purchase the game?

The demo indicated enough for me to warrent an opinion.

Sheesh.
Sun 22/08/04 at 12:07
Regular
You rate it on the demo? Dear me.

It's crap, but not as crap as the demo makes it out to be.
Sun 22/08/04 at 12:04
Regular
More then tear-jerkingly bad.

I played the demo for roughly 1 minute only to find such a monotonous game that seriously had nothing going for it.

The camera was crap as well.
Sun 22/08/04 at 12:03
Regular
Conker and PD will probably be great...

But Grabbed by the Gholies was tear-jerkingly bad.
Sun 22/08/04 at 10:24
Regular
Foszy wrote:
> Dont really care doesnt exactly appeal to me. I know this may sound
> hash but i dont mean it to, i dont really care what a Ninty(person
> with gamecube who prefers them) think of Rares games as i know they
> would say different if they sill had the games being published for
> the gc. Ok im not as stubborn to say all the games are great, i
> couldnt give a hoot what the games are like i just want to play PD on
> my xbox.

Don't be such a retard. People like Edgy and I play and enjoy XBox and GameCube titles, we think Grabbed by the Ghoulies is crap because it is, not because it isn't on a Nintendo console.

I'll admit it's had unfair criticism, as it is good for a quick mess about, the trouble is Rare seem to think that as long they have their 'trademark humour', the game will succeed. GbtG is basically a whole game built up of this humour, with a bit of added gameplay.

StarFox wasn't terrible, but it was so shallow that it really wasn't much of a gameplay experience. Compared to other big-name adventures titles like Beyond Good & Evil, Zelda etc. it's really quite poor.

It's called an opinion, not because I'm a 'ninty', because I play games.
Sun 22/08/04 at 10:12
Regular
Grabbed by the Ghoulies is about as good as a rat walking into a rat poison factory.
Sun 22/08/04 at 01:14
Regular
It hasn't weakened Nintendo.

Nintendo changed their position a while ago, rather than have several second parties they would either buy the second parties out (e.g. Retro) or cut ties (Silicon knights, Left Field and RARE)... the reason? Nintendo wish to improve third party relationships and are developing exclusive software with Namco, SEGA, Kuju, N-Space, Capcom, Konami etc...

RARE do make top quality games, they also make crap ones. Like all of the above developers.

What makes RARE great is that little special touch they add... the "rare humour"...

I will get an X-box especially for them.
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:52
Regular
I have an Xbox and recently have played it a lot more than my Nintendo titles, so don't give me that "I don't care what Ninties think" crap.

When Kameo was in development for GameCube, I wasn't interested. I was interested in Starfox, but it didn't quite meet my expectations. I'm not bitter that Rare have gone from GameCube as I play Xbox a hell of a lot (percentagewise) now.

The fact is, Rare's only Xbox game so far flopped. I know this through working in two stores of the same company and rarely being able to get it off the shelves. Even at sale prices it was hard to clear it.

Most sold got traded back in and they're still on the shelves waiting to be sold.

The demo of the game I played on something ages ago was pants. Was crap. Good on the drawing board but turned out to be a poor game.

This isn't the opinion of a 'Ninty', this is my opinion based on what I have played. If I took the 'Ninty' stance, I wouldn't even play it before judging it.

I for one hope that they don't ruin Conker's Bad Fur Day. So far, everything they've done since the end of N64 has turned out to be below expectation. Even Banjo Kazooie on GBA was just okay.
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:43
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Edgy wrote:
> Yet so far they've failed miserably, with Grabbed by the Ghoulies
> being a total flop.

Dont really care doesnt exactly appeal to me. I know this may sound hash but i dont mean it to, i dont really care what a Ninty(person with gamecube who prefers them) think of Rares games as i know they would say different if they sill had the games being published for the gc. Ok im not as stubborn to say all the games are great, i couldnt give a hoot what the games are like i just want to play PD on my xbox.
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:38
Regular
Yet so far they've failed miserably, with Grabbed by the Ghoulies being a total flop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.