GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft "Willing to buy Nintendo""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 13:35
Regular
[URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6456/Microsoft-Interested-in-Buying-Nintendo[/URL]

Discuss.
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:39
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Greeny Greenwell wrote:
> personally i dont think it is. nintendo are probably going to have a
> problem with the PSP, i mean the DS isnt as good.

LOL there not even released yet and your saying which is better, ummm.
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:38
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Edgy wrote:
> Foszy wrote:
> Cuz they would suddenly probably have larger budgets! Thats the only
> thing that springs in to my mind.
>
> Microsoft may be one of the richest companies in the world, but
> Microsoft Game Studios is only one department of Microsoft and DOES
> have budgets to follow.

Thats really stupid i bet you every department has budgets, if a department doesnt have a budget it becomes very ineconomical to have as managers will be very relaxed about spending. Ok yeh the budgets might be massive but the managers will try and stay wihtin them as then that allows more profit. As for MGS im sure it has a budget and im sure its budget is pretty big.

PLus if they recently purchased Nintendo i would probably say they would increase the budgets as they would want to bring back the glory days of nintendo with its image.
Fri 13/08/04 at 20:00
Regular
Foszy wrote:
> Cuz they would suddenly probably have larger budgets! Thats the only
> thing that springs in to my mind.

Microsoft may be one of the richest companies in the world, but Microsoft Game Studios is only one department of Microsoft and DOES have budgets to follow.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:59
Regular
Aye, the DS doesn't do touch screen or have voice recognition capabilities does it.

Oh wait! I'm mixing it up with the PSP.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:50
"Its Your Pleasure"
personally i dont think it is. nintendo are probably going to have a problem with the PSP, i mean the DS isnt as good.

but Ninty have all the fans behind them, i didnt buy a GC but if it came down to SOny or Ninty its Ninty all the way, the games are just better.

Nintendo will bounce back, GC just wasnt as good as the PS2.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:33
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Greeny Greenwell wrote:
> games would suffer, with a lack of competition there is no drive to
> succeed.

Think your forgetting Ninty and microsoft are the underdogs at the momemt, dont you think Sony is competition then? lol.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:28
"Its Your Pleasure"
games would suffer, with a lack of competition there is no drive to succeed.

and i think Nintendo do make better games, but tis true that it is an opinion, some people like FPS's and beat em ups. some like adventure.

Nintendo wouldnt do this anyway, Microsoft are losing money on the xbox, and Nintendo have no reason to sell atall.

i imagine if it does happen then Microsoft would be smart enough to leav Nintendo alone and just take the profits. there would be no sense in converting Zelda and Mario games to the xbox just for the hell of it..
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:17
Regular
"8==="
Their pride would suffer and no doubt many would walk out.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:13
Regular
"ProGolfer"
gamesfreak wrote:
>
> And people say "Nintendo is unique, they'd suffer if MS bought
> them" - Why exactly would their games suffer?

Cuz they would suddenly probably have larger budgets! Thats the only thing that springs in to my mind.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:05
Regular
It would be no different would it?

Okay, lets look at it like this.

Nintendo buy Retro Studios. Nintendo sack most the staff and decide that they're going to can all but one game.

Where's the developing as normal?

Microsoft could easily do that to Nintendo should they buy them.

Note: Facts going by my own memory. Dringo could probably clarify

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.