GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gates hints at Nintendo buyout"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 15:35
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Don't know if anyone has seen this already.

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6818[/URL]

Yes, its all hear say, but what are your thoughts?
Fri 06/08/04 at 23:24
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Even worse, Link would have to carry a LAPTOP around with him if Ninty are bought by Microsoft.

Mario would be a Microsoft employee.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Fri 06/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Dringo wrote:
> You know Microsoft are likely to shut down the X-box development
> studio and just use Nintendo as their base. So we'll see Nintendo
> games, Nintendo console etc... etc... just it is funded and run by
> Microsoft.
>
> Nintendo do alright in Japan, Microsoft do well in America and
> Europe...
>
> It does make some sense.

Oh, well in that case, come on Ninty.

They won't do it though.
Fri 06/08/04 at 22:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It would be great for me, as I'd only have to purchase one console the next time around.

Though the whole 'compete for 2nd place' thing would be a lot worse, and prices will probably keep higher.

It'd be nice if this deal happened with the possibility of a 'rewind' function...
Fri 06/08/04 at 22:24
Regular
You know Microsoft are likely to shut down the X-box development studio and just use Nintendo as their base. So we'll see Nintendo games, Nintendo console etc... etc... just it is funded and run by Microsoft.

Nintendo do alright in Japan, Microsoft do well in America and Europe...

It does make some sense.
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:00
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Ninty wouldn't. It's just not them.

I've already posted why they wouldn't on the XBOX Forum, but basically Ninty wouldn't because:

1. They recently critised XBOX for the amount of crap on their console.

2. Ninty would see no point in fusing with America cuz their market lies in Japan and the Cube is successful in the states anyway.

3. Ninty believes in market competition. When asked by Sony in 2000 to fuse as one company and create a console, they told them to shuv it.

Maybe in 50 years, but certainly not in the next few years, seeing as the DS, GBA 2 and Revolution are on the way.
Fri 06/08/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
If anything, i'd be on Xbox's side so what I just said cant really be referred to biased.
Fri 06/08/04 at 17:39
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I love how people who own all consoles automatically think they're not biased.

I've owned a PS2, and currently own an Xbox and a GC, but I'm still hella biased in Nintys favour.
Fri 06/08/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Well, we're all intitled to our own opinions.

I have all consoles so i'm not being biased before you say so.
Fri 06/08/04 at 15:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Wow, we’ve finally got a ghost that really, really can’t see into the future.

Anyhow, it amused me your little rant.
Fri 06/08/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
And also, those who think Microsoft will eventually take over the whole gaming industry let me ask you this...

Name ONE amazing must have game that Microsoft THEMSELF have created. Not a studio they've bought up, but MS themself. I struggle to.

I think of Sega and i think of arcade classics, Nintendo and fun platformers, Capcom and survival horror and beat'em-up heaven, Treasure and weirdness, Konami and incredible adventures.

I think of Microsoft and I think of Excel, sweaty Steve Ballmer shouting 'Whooo yeah' on stage and looking ridiculous, and no fun whatsover.

They're the last people I want to be in control of the entertainment software industry.

They're not fun, they're not cool, they're not particularly good at games.

The console is fantastically powerful, and games by the right people are out of this world. BUT...

Microsoft owning everything = end of games as we know them. Let's not pray for that ok?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.