GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WE8"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Got it through the post this morning from a...friend.

Only had one match on it so far, but first impressions of it are...great. Graphics look superb, the gameplay feels so much more fluid. One of the downfalls of the last game was it felt too structured and all the players movements were all the same, with the ball physics being the same for every player, like controlling the ball for example. This time it just seems that its less predictable.

I'll put some more of my thoughts in here later, as im off to the Wednesday game now.

Anyone else played it? Whats your thoughts on it?
Wed 11/08/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
The ref doesn't seem to be any less biased against you, unfortunately...
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Neó wrote:

> Anyone know of any sites which translates the menu's for you?

[URL]http://www.pesinsight.com/[/URL]
There is a post on the forum there for translated images of some of the main menus.
There is also a patch available if you have a DVD burner you can make an image from your game and mount the patch to the image to give you english menus in the game.

Still no translated players or updates like that but I expect there to be some soon.
Wed 11/08/04 at 23:42
Regular
The music on the start up menu is great, much better than the last games. They better keep that in!

It must be my PS2 then Neo, the slow down doesnt happen much, but its happened everytime ive played it so far, usually when showing the replays/highlights after a shot, or when im shooting from 20 yards out. Oh well...spose the PS2 is knocking on 4 years old....just hope theres life in it yet...
Thu 12/08/04 at 01:53
Regular
NOOOOO!!!!!! Leicester have been replaced :-(
Thu 12/08/04 at 08:32
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Virtuoso wrote:
> witch-king wrote:
>
> the through ball sucked on PES3
> ----------------
>
> That's because you weren't any good at the game. Using the
> through-ball was one of my killer moves.

Every time you tap the triangle button when Henry is in a brilliant position he whacks it to the keeper.
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:19
Regular
Cant say i ever had a problem with the through-ball on PES3. I used that, and 1-2's quite alot.

Saying that, both of them have been improved on WE8, so you might have better luck with it.
Thu 12/08/04 at 12:32
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Rock on.
Fri 13/08/04 at 12:51
Regular
"es argh"
YAYS!!

It is muchly improved but also hardur.

Shooting is like the bomb.

Took a while to get used to. The old, ooh-er, this is odd bit.

The power bars are a little less, err, big? You cant do them tiny little shots anymore.

Shooting, woop. The ball is mucho heavier and now there's lots of dip and funkyness.

ANIMASHUNS.

Deres loads of um.

yus.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:37
Regular
I had some trouble with the power bar at first, it seems you have to hold it down a little longer than before to smack the ball at any decent pace from 20 yards. My usual strikes from around 10 yards on Pro Evo 3, have now turned to weak little baby kicks on WE8.

Saw me spurn a fair few chances to start with because of that.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Finally gave in and got your PS2 modded then Evo?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.