GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WE8"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Got it through the post this morning from a...friend.

Only had one match on it so far, but first impressions of it are...great. Graphics look superb, the gameplay feels so much more fluid. One of the downfalls of the last game was it felt too structured and all the players movements were all the same, with the ball physics being the same for every player, like controlling the ball for example. This time it just seems that its less predictable.

I'll put some more of my thoughts in here later, as im off to the Wednesday game now.

Anyone else played it? Whats your thoughts on it?
Sun 08/08/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I found the through ball has imporved a lot meaning you can pull of some excellent attacking moves. Sure can score some excellent goals and there are some new moves and skills that look great.
Sun 08/08/04 at 21:23
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
the through ball sucked on PES3
Mon 09/08/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
witch-king wrote:
> That's real smart.

Erm...who said you have to be smart for a person you dont even know and haven't even seen?

I dunno about you but I dont even bother being smart on forums, seems like you do...
Mon 09/08/04 at 21:13
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
The Ghost wrote:
> witch-king wrote:
> That's real smart.
>
> Erm...who said you have to be smart for a person you dont even know
> and haven't even seen?
>
> I dunno about you but I dont even bother being smart on forums, seems
> like you do...

Damn. I'm not completely switched on......

*Presses THE BUTTON in sleep*
Tue 10/08/04 at 19:58
Regular
I hope they update the transfers by the time it comes out here in the UK.
Wed 11/08/04 at 15:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
They usually do update the squads between WE games and the Pro evo version.
The premiership has been updated to show the newly promoted teams and the beta versions of PES4 showed updated team rosters which are likely to be updated further before the release.

Also likely that an unofficial update disk would be released too.
Wed 11/08/04 at 15:51
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Definitely an improvement. Pro Evo 4 is going to be amazing.

Chipped through balls work again (yay!) and the player animation is superb.
Wed 11/08/04 at 15:58
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
witch-king wrote:

the through ball sucked on PES3
----------------

That's because you weren't any good at the game. Using the through-ball was one of my killer moves.
Wed 11/08/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> My only real gripe at the moment is, there seems to be a little bit
> of slow down creeping in and the frame rate drops for a few seconds.

Mine seems fine dame, not noticed any slowness as yet but only played it a few times. Definalty love the pace of the game, the AI is a lot better so you can turn more freely.

Anyone know of any sites which translates the menu's for you?
Wed 11/08/04 at 16:50
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
The only thing i would argue about in Pro Evo 3 was the refereeing, it was terrible. You slid in early and won the ball yet they got the free-kick.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.