GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online Gaming and Stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/08/04 at 21:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
At long bloody last, I have Broadband.

So, I was wondering, what games do you lot have? Might as well put my connection to good use, ie kick your asses.

If anyone fancies it, I'll have you a game at something sometime.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
cipro wrote:
> I don't have the patients for it.

Hehe
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:03
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Get the Red Orchestra mod for UT2004, Superb. I'm addicted to it,
> raking up a huge score on certain maps, though truth be told, you do
> get a fair amount of points from capping objectives.

How dare you play the mod my team is competing against :( www.frag-ops.com :P
Fri 20/08/04 at 22:44
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Try diffrent tactics then.

I'll admit i use to be one of those people that used to try hard but i never took it seriously enough. I eventually used diffrent tactics such as waiting and sniping which really got them p*ssed off. I also used to hide in a corner and crouch and wait. I know it sounds boring but i liked annoying them.

Who has the game and plays reguarly on this?
Fri 20/08/04 at 17:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Yeah, it was good once you got good at it and could last most if not
> all round but now from what I've seen the game's mostly full of the
> already super-duper-leet players

That's the problem. Usually if I'm not good at a game I'll stick to it until it grows, yet with CS there are already so many "professional" players that such attempts by me to try and enjoy the game, fail.

However, I am getting won over by the Counter-Strike Source videos which could very well convince me to give it another try.
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:49
Regular
CS is the worst game for cheaters. I also find CS to be full of people playing to win, cheating to be the best. None of them seem to be there to have fun. Hopefully the new CS coming out alongside HL2 will include a punkbuster of some sort.
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:40
Play FFXI online when it comes out in september.

If you like rpgs you'll love this.

And before anybody comes on FF sucking because of random battles play the game before opening your mouth and sticking your feet into it.

Also i'll second any claim that CS is a great game to play, just download steam and you'll be away (after an hour of downloads)
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:40
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Yeah, it was good once you got good at it and could last most if not all round but now from what I've seen the game's mostly full of the already super-duper-leet players so it doesn't really encourage new players to get into it and give themselves chance to get good.
On the few occasions I've played it recently I completely sucked and I just can't be bothered to go against all the leet dudes to get good enough to make it fun again.
It was fun annoying everyone who took it too seriously though...

Edit: Gah, that was meant to follow on from cipro's post.
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:37
Regular
Does anybody know how to get Unreal Tournament online effectively?

Even with broadband there's catastrophic amounts of lag involved. I've got the Game of the Year edition.
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't have the patients for it. Buy a gun, run arond a bit, get killed, spectate and watch as the last two dimwhits run arond in circles looking for each other, I just can't have fun with the game.
Tue 17/08/04 at 19:49
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
cipro wrote:
> Yep, and if your a CS newbie like me, not much fun. Had a go agianst
> Lipe the other week and did terribly, it's game that requires a great
> deal of skill and patients before it becomes enjoyable.

But that for me exploits the best part of the game. It takes skill unlike pointing anywhere and shooting and the A.I crap. Thats what makes the game a good choice to play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.