GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online Gaming and Stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/08/04 at 21:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
At long bloody last, I have Broadband.

So, I was wondering, what games do you lot have? Might as well put my connection to good use, ie kick your asses.

If anyone fancies it, I'll have you a game at something sometime.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I don't have CS, but that sounds like my greatest ever game of Rainbow Six 3 on Xbox Live.

'Training' level (very small, two buildings, little bits of cover here and there etc). I rocked.

I sniped two as they came from their spawn, then proceeded upstairs and sniped a few more, then killed another few coming up behind me. My entire team was dead. I got 6 of 8 of the enemies.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:44
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Sounds great!

I shall definetly have to have a game with you sometime, eh?
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Hmm well now I only play Tribes 2 online and to be honest that's a fairly dead game now but you really don't get many idiots on it. There's only one guy who keeps telling me I suck and I'm lucky etc but I tend to go after him and kill him now just to annoy him. Nothing more satisfying than flying a plane into him from behind and waiting to be called lucky.

Anyway, best time I had was when we were on the CT team on Aztec and getting completely exploded every round, the had more money than us and had 4 or so people on the bridge with AWP's so that was a no no, and we generally just got overwhelmed. So one round I buy a Scout run as fast as possible to the bridge and get there before them and manage to pick off 4 of them in a few seconds. I got 2 of them with the same bullet, they never knew what hit them. I was so lucky it was rediculous. I ended up getting shot after about 10 seconds but it was great to kill so many of them simultaneuosly with an inferior weapon.
There were a few 'omg hax!' going around after that.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:41
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Thats what we did. Not cooking sausages i mean but i went and watched some t.v and my mates said that they went and had a sarnie.

I take it you have this game? Whats your user name?
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Alright, I wasn't being serious.

Just 'sitting in the same place for 20 minutes' counts as cooking some sausages in my book.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:36
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Cyclone wrote:
> So you were camping?
>
> EH? EH?
>
> If it's like RS3, then you do have to be careful.
>
> CAMPERS.

We were having fun. Then they took it too far so we taught them a lesson. You would do the same in my position.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
So you were camping?

EH? EH?

If it's like RS3, then you do have to be careful.

CAMPERS.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:31
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Yeah i know what your saying. To me it was kill or be killed. The best time for me was when i was playing with a couple of mates and we were p*ssing about, these guys then come on and start taking it too seriously. We just hid for about twenty minutes, saying nothing but they knew we were there. They eventually got bored and they must have took they're eye off the screen when we jumped out and wasted them.

Ahh the memories..

Great game, i would like to see it lighten up a bit though.

Youre best time on this Bob?
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Same with any online game.

On Xbox Live, Pandora Tommorrow, I joined a friends game.

Previous game, he had had his neck broken and lost (his partner was terrible).

I joined, and we promptly smashed them to pieces, complete with some neck breaks and a general kicking.

'LAG!! MAN! JESUS THAT LAG WAS AWFUL!!!11'

Funny, seeing as they'd just lost twice in a row after a few wins. Idiots.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:25
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Squall wrote:
> I'll admit i use to be one of those people that used to try hard but
> i never took it seriously enough. I eventually used diffrent tactics
> such as waiting and sniping which really got them p*ssed off. I also
> used to hide in a corner and crouch and wait. I know it sounds boring
> but i liked annoying them.

Ahaha, I know all about that.
There used to be me and a few other guys who'd play regulary on this one server and we were all on 56k's and the others were mainly broadbanders who would just charge out and play the game like Quake, which of course we had problems doing with pings and whatnot.
So if we were getting hammered we used to do the sensible thing and find somewhere safe and hole up in there (this was back in the day when the terrorists could move the hostages so we'd take them with us if we were T's).
It was amazing just how many people you could totally p*ss off by doing that, it was all "Oh Em Gee u lam3 fagz0rts".
I mean, duuuh, you're playing a game with no respawns, you can't blame us if you're too much of an idiot to run around and get shot 20 times and have to sit out the rest of the round.
It's all fine when they're owning the other team, but the minute you did anything about it we all apparently had gay.

Uhh, I'm done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.