GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube vs. Xbox - We know the score!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/08/04 at 13:02
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Yep, lately there have been many arguments over this, and we all know Cube is better than Xbox. If the world had sense there would be no PS2 and XBOX, but there is. So use this thread to destroy the XBOX enemy, and also use it for any Ninty related gossip you have on your chest when the enemy run off. Let World War III begin.

All hail Shvigsy, Ya!!!!
Thu 12/08/04 at 20:12
Regular
"~DPG~"
The fact that Gamecube doesn't cater for online gaming is quite annoying, but for most people who just play single player games alone in the deep, dark shadows of their room don't mind.

What most people aregue about is that the Gamecube doesn't cater for teenagers. Vice City on PS2 and Halo on the Xbox are perfect examples of teenage fun. Its a shame Nintendo haven't come up with a real groundbraking series. (apart from Mario) It would be nice if Nintendo had Mario and...another title. For example Ps2 is famous for lots of games e.g Pro Evolutions Soccer, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts.

When you think of Nintendo, only Mario springs to mind. No offence to Ninty there by the way.
Thu 12/08/04 at 20:21
Regular
Gar-J wrote:
> Firstly, I'm impressed and still a little shocked with the quality of
> the replies - as I said, I was expecting more fanboy crap.

That is hilarious coming from you.

>
> While yes, the Cube is pretty obviously aimed at the younger gamer
> (aesthetics, price, games etc.), post a thread on the Nintendo forum
> and say the Cube is for kids - see what kind of reply you get. The
> difficulty some people experience in seeing that the Cube is for
> younger gamers comes from fanboys who are adamant that the Cube not
> only competes against, but beats the other consoles at their own
> game. Which it doesn't.

Wait a minute, consider this strange concept. You post on a Nintendo forum saying it's all for little babies, and everyone tells you it isn't.

But wait! The people that reply are mostly 16+, making them not kids.

OMG"!!"!"!"!! could that mean that there are more older gamers owning Nintendo stuff than little kids!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Thu 12/08/04 at 20:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I agree. Mario is the only Nintendo series that is groundbreaking.

Sarcasm may be evident in this post
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:01
Regular
gamer2005 wrote:
> When you think of Nintendo, only Mario springs to mind. No offence
> to Ninty there by the way.

When you think of Microsoft, only Halo springs to mind, when you think of Sony, only GTA springs to mind.

Your point?
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No no donm't forget, Kingdom Hearts! That other famous Sony product! And Final Fantasy! That PS2 exclusive series! And all those Xbox exclusive games! Splinter Cell! KOTOR!
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:08
Regular
Yes, Kingdom Hearts, that ultra-famous smash hit for the PS2.

Thu 12/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
gerrid wrote:

> And Final Fantasy! That PS2 exclusive series!

And our survey said:

|  |
 \/
 /\
|  |

Final Fantasy I & II coming to Game Boy Advance.
Final Fantasy Tactics is on the Game Boy Advance.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is on GameCube and is coming to Nintendo DS.

Final Fantasy is just as exclusive to Sony as it is Nintendo now.
Thu 12/08/04 at 23:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Edgy... come on...seriously now...
Thu 12/08/04 at 23:52
Regular
:D
Fri 13/08/04 at 11:14
Regular
Are you guys not fed up of this agruement yet??

The Xbox has better hardware than the Gamecube, no arguement about it either.

Whether you prefer one systems games to another is again a personal preference.

Just remember, most Xbox owners love Halo, Xbox Live, the best game on the other two platforms and many other games you guys rae ignoring.

Doom 3, Championship Manager, Chronicals of Riddick, Full spectrum Warrior, Project Gotham 2, and the list can go on forever.

Stop knocking something you guys no nothing about and stick to playing with your computerised cartoon characters ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.