GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chronicles of Riddick"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay'.
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:46
Regular
Got this today via SR and I must say, it's fantastic.

Haven't played it much (beat the robot-boss-thing just past the mainframe section), but this is what I expected Halo to be. Not in the style of play, but the level design, atmosphere and general feel of the game. It's amazing, to be frank, what I'd call a wonderful merger between Halo, Slinter Cell and the most beautiful visuals on a home console, and not to mention one of, if not the, best XBox game I've played.

The atmosphere in the prison is just so engrossing and... real. The gameplay is equally impressive, the hand-to-hand combat standing out; not a Goldeneye-esque slap system, you can link combos, use different weapons, etc.

All I have to say, really, is get this game. The lack of multiplayer is a little disappointing as I could see it working very well, but so far I'm happy with it how it is. Very much.
Thu 12/08/04 at 07:21
Regular
"BOSE"
Yeah, SR sent him the game a couple of days early because he's related to the Queen of England :-)
Thu 12/08/04 at 06:57
Regular
"\\"
Rickoss wrote:
> Got this today via SR

If he was American how could he have got it from SR? And if he was American, why would he wait for the UK release when it was out there months ago?

Maybe SR sent him the game early, you donut.
Thu 12/08/04 at 06:23
Regular
"BOSE"
I take it you're from U.S then, as we don't get COR until tommorow. You might be wrong about the unarmed missions being boring. How would this game be in the hat for best console game of the year if critics found any of it boring?
Thu 12/08/04 at 01:29
Regular
"relocated"
It's a very good game but no Halo beater. The unarmed combat is a bit pish to be honest - not much better than random flailing. The AI is also very dodgy in places: with most enemies you can stab them with a shiv, run round a corner and they'll either forget about you or saunter after you with their gun swinging uselessly by their side. And there are far too many pointless walking missions when you get to level II.
Wed 11/08/04 at 22:11
Regular
"BOSE"
SR is a UK shop...how did you get COR from them? I don't think it's online multiplayer because everyone would wanna be...Riddick. I also heard there ain't loads of guns (this don't decrease it's rating..as you've heard!) and in multiplayer, deathmatches for example people like to kill everyone with things like rockets, grenades, machine guns etc. I've seen in clips; shotgun, 2 machine guns and a pistol. So when you don't have a large arsenal of weapons it ain't as fun as single player. So the new OXM is out, and COR is a playable demo on the disc? What do you get on the demo?
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:25
Regular
Crush wrote:
> Told you so.

No you didn't. :-P
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Well, it's not online but I guess they're planning on releasing new content because it does say Xbox Live enabled on the cover.
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Told you so. Any online features?
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:49
Regular
I played the demo today from the new official xbox mag and loved it. Theres just a certain feel to it thats lacking in so many games.
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:46
Regular
Got this today via SR and I must say, it's fantastic.

Haven't played it much (beat the robot-boss-thing just past the mainframe section), but this is what I expected Halo to be. Not in the style of play, but the level design, atmosphere and general feel of the game. It's amazing, to be frank, what I'd call a wonderful merger between Halo, Slinter Cell and the most beautiful visuals on a home console, and not to mention one of, if not the, best XBox game I've played.

The atmosphere in the prison is just so engrossing and... real. The gameplay is equally impressive, the hand-to-hand combat standing out; not a Goldeneye-esque slap system, you can link combos, use different weapons, etc.

All I have to say, really, is get this game. The lack of multiplayer is a little disappointing as I could see it working very well, but so far I'm happy with it how it is. Very much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.