GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chronicles of Riddick"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay'.
Wed 11/08/04 at 20:46
Regular
Got this today via SR and I must say, it's fantastic.

Haven't played it much (beat the robot-boss-thing just past the mainframe section), but this is what I expected Halo to be. Not in the style of play, but the level design, atmosphere and general feel of the game. It's amazing, to be frank, what I'd call a wonderful merger between Halo, Slinter Cell and the most beautiful visuals on a home console, and not to mention one of, if not the, best XBox game I've played.

The atmosphere in the prison is just so engrossing and... real. The gameplay is equally impressive, the hand-to-hand combat standing out; not a Goldeneye-esque slap system, you can link combos, use different weapons, etc.

All I have to say, really, is get this game. The lack of multiplayer is a little disappointing as I could see it working very well, but so far I'm happy with it how it is. Very much.
Tue 24/08/04 at 22:23
Regular
I completed it last week.

which makes me infinitely superior.
Tue 24/08/04 at 22:05
Regular
Just completed this today. Such a brilliant game, quite interesting seeing the earlier version of it in action as well. Just shows how far it's come.
Tue 24/08/04 at 21:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Belldandy wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
> >Official Xbox Magazine has a £5 off
> voucher on the inside front cover for use at a certain GAMEing
> store,
> meaning it'll only cost £14.99 from there.
>
> Meaning OXM costs £6, meaning you actually lose £1.
>
> Not if you were considering buying the magazine anyway. And I don't
> know any online store doing it cheaper than 14.99.
>
> I had assumed people on this forum had sufficient brainpower to
> realise they should not buy a £6 magazine just to save
> £5, you on the other hand ...

That's exactly the point I was making.

I said OXM costs £6. You get a £5 voucher. I.e, you DON'T save. Consequently, you WASTE £1 on a really sh*te mag.
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:27
Regular
"BOSE"
This game is beautiful.

** MAY SPOIL IF NOT THIS FAR **

I'm up to the part after Riddick's put the bomb in the cave and now I've gone down there. When I saw the guard get eaten all I could think was "great..." you know? Then when I carried on these "mini" mutant creatures came at me! Not sure which is creapier...the things you pop with the shotgun when your tourch has 6mins left because it was damaged in the fall down to the pit, or these pesky critters :-)

No complaints from me! Two of my favourite things (not including graphics etc) are snaping someone's neck and using their weapon against them! I gave some guy the screwdriver in the neck, and a while ago I was fighting this hard azz in The Ring. All I had to do to defeat him was block him punch...then cut his throat..EWWW!! :-D
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:52
"Its Your Pleasure"
mikelar wrote:
> Just finished this today on hard. Pretty short - I only got it on
> Wednesday and played it causally on and off - but it is a good game.
>
>
> It has it's problems like the AI which is often a bit dodgy what with
> guards wandering aimlessly even after spotting you you dart behind a
> box. Normally they'll just turn the other way and start shouting
> obscenities. Which is fun.

i noticed that, the AI is awful, and th agme is short, i found it tedious. played it at a mates, hes not completed it yet, but is close and hes had it since yesterday.

wouldnt by it myself. although i never planned on it.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Selected"
Just finished this today on hard. Pretty short - I only got it on Wednesday and played it causally on and off - but it is a good game.

It has it's problems like the AI which is often a bit dodgy what with guards wandering aimlessly even after spotting you you dart behind a box. Normally they'll just turn the other way and start shouting obscenities. Which is fun.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:33
"Its Your Pleasure"
Jerocks wrote:
> If the new chronicles of riddick film is a set befor pitch black why
> has the young girl who looks like a boy grown up now? think you got
> that wrong. i know the game is set befor the new film tho

Game set before Pitch Black

Film set After Pitch Black

the game was in production before Cronicles of Riddick (film) thats whythe game isnt just another crappy licensed title.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
> >Official Xbox Magazine has a £5 off
> voucher on the inside front cover for use at a certain GAMEing
> store,
> meaning it'll only cost £14.99 from there.
>
> Meaning OXM costs £6, meaning you actually lose £1.

Not if you were considering buying the magazine anyway. And I don't know any online store doing it cheaper than 14.99.

I had assumed people on this forum had sufficient brainpower to realise they should not buy a £6 magazine just to save £5, you on the other hand ...
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Whatever!"
I will be getting this game next week - It will be the first X-Box game Ive bought for six months but hell does it look worth it! Can hardly wait
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Optical"
very confusing, but still a good film and game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.