GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
Been playing this a lot recently and I seem to have reawoken my love for it. Multiplayer is just so brilliant, there's so many different modes and options it still feels fresh today.

Been trying out a few new game modes, Leech in particular, and also Shrink. Any game with a team of Monkeys and Robofish with Anaconda playing in the background deserves a medal. It looks hilarious when you have one-shot kills on, slappers only and there's a group of different sized monkeys punching the crap out of each other. The Snowman screaming "I'm melting!" as you lay into him with the flamethrower is genius.

I really can't believe I stopped playing this for so long, it's brilliant. It's no Goldeneye, but still one of the best FPS' I've played.

Oh, and WS, it's brilliant, so shush. :-P
Thu 02/09/04 at 16:10
Regular
OK, it'd let everyone else know that I rock then.
Wed 01/09/04 at 22:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> Because I rock.
> I finished earlier with 3 seconds left (would have gotten myself 3
> extra bananas had it not completed itself) which would give me 27 -
> the lead in NGC, a platinum award, and self assurance that I rock.

You seem pretty self-assure already.. :P
Wed 01/09/04 at 19:28
Regular
Because I rock.

Also, the only edition of NGC I have is August I think (the one that came out mid-july).

One of the timesplitters challenges is to get as many bananas as possible in the banana chomp level as the flaming wood golem.

I can get 24 (what you need for a gold), it tells me I've got a platinum, but I don't get the platinum, and it finishes as soon as I collect the 24th banana (even though I travel over a banana after it tells me I've succeeded), so I want to know how some people can seem to manage to get 25 and 26 on the leader board.

Munn = not a happy chappy.

I finished earlier with 3 seconds left (would have gotten myself 3 extra bananas had it not completed itself) which would give me 27 - the lead in NGC, a platinum award, and self assurance that I rock.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> Minute 30 on the nice threads level I got.
>
> :)

How.. on earth?

It's one of my four non-golds/platinums left.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:14
Regular
Minute 30 on the nice threads level I got.

:)
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:05
Regular
"the burning sky"
I strangely found that qyuite easy and got a platinum on my first go. Just dont talk to me about the assault levels tho', I find them very difficult...
Wed 01/09/04 at 15:20
Regular
tphi wrote:
> Dambusters really annoys me.. but I've left that for the moment.

That's the only level I don't have a gold/platinum on.
I can only manage about 6500-7000 points usually.

Boo.
Wed 01/09/04 at 14:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Completed the story mode which was a
> bit short and could have done with a bit more of a plot, especially
> if the franchise is going to be extended.

Depends on what setting you played it on, there's a bit more longetivity on Normal/Hard. It's pretty pointless playing it on Easy...
Wed 01/09/04 at 14:39
"I love yo... lamp."
I've had this for ages on Xbox, although considering that the Xbox isn't exactly short of FPS games, it really hasn't been played much. However, I started playing through it and it is pretty damn fun. Getting mainly golds just now. Completed the story mode which was a bit short and could have done with a bit more of a plot, especially if the franchise is going to be extended.

Still I liked it, certainly not bad for £7 new. Makes for a nice change of pace from Ghost Recon.
Wed 01/09/04 at 12:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dambusters really annoys me.. but I've left that for the moment. 5 Characters to get now, I got Platinum on that Golum beating up thing at the Site, that'd been annoying me for ages.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.