GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
Been playing this a lot recently and I seem to have reawoken my love for it. Multiplayer is just so brilliant, there's so many different modes and options it still feels fresh today.

Been trying out a few new game modes, Leech in particular, and also Shrink. Any game with a team of Monkeys and Robofish with Anaconda playing in the background deserves a medal. It looks hilarious when you have one-shot kills on, slappers only and there's a group of different sized monkeys punching the crap out of each other. The Snowman screaming "I'm melting!" as you lay into him with the flamethrower is genius.

I really can't believe I stopped playing this for so long, it's brilliant. It's no Goldeneye, but still one of the best FPS' I've played.

Oh, and WS, it's brilliant, so shush. :-P
Wed 08/09/04 at 19:15
"period drama"
munn wrote:
> Maybe it's jsut the idea as playing as a monkey - he's no smaller
> than Robofish, but there's no "Played as Robofish"

Of course it's just the idea of playing as a monkey.
It's a monkey ... with a rocket launcher. That's genius.

Shame he doesn't have a little hat.
Wed 08/09/04 at 16:00
Regular
tphi wrote:
> munn wrote:
> Meh, he's only hard to hit if you suck, I find him no more difficult
> to hit than say, Braces, or The Cropolite, who is probably the
> biggest character in the game.
>
> Golem is at least as big. So you probably suck.

Anyone who plays as the Stone Golem cheats.
He can't be put on fire, and it takes at least 3 rockets to kill him.
I'd much rather fight 10 monkeys than 2 stone golems.

And why did FR put it in the stats section? I don't know. Why did NGC say "you can kill those monkeys who throw explosive watermelons at you" and the likes?
Maybe it's jsut the idea as playing as a monkey - he's no smaller than Robofish, but there's no "Played as Robofish"

And with character abilities off, of course playing as the monkey is going to give you an advantage.

Pit equal stas stone golem and monkey against each other and who would win? The one with the advantage of being short, but with character abilities on, nmonkey is dead in 2 seconds, the stone golem just won't die.

And I'm up to 42 platinums now, and I only have 2 challenges left that are non-platinum, one gold and one silver (still can't get gold in it. Gah)
Wed 08/09/04 at 15:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Or you could just be better than him..
Wed 08/09/04 at 15:49
Regular
I always beat my brother, and he's always Monkey. It doesn't make any difference.
Wed 08/09/04 at 15:22
Regular
Watching Shaun of the Dead gives me a massive urge to play Timesplitters 2.
Tue 07/09/04 at 00:37
Regular
munn wrote:
> But they have low stamina, 1 shotgun shot wipes it out, wheras if I
> play as someone with high stamina I can take 4 or 5 shotgun shots
> before I die.
>
> It's all relative dude.

Then why is it Free Radical Design see the idea of playing as Monkey as cheating? Hence the fact it's in the stats section?

My friends take just as long to die as monkey as they do as the handyman...

It isn't all relative... especially when you turn "character traits off" as I do because my friends are unaware what the character's abilities are.
Mon 06/09/04 at 23:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:

Golem is at least as big. So you probably suck.
Mon 06/09/04 at 14:13
Regular
But they have low stamina, 1 shotgun shot wipes it out, wheras if I play as someone with high stamina I can take 4 or 5 shotgun shots before I die.

It's all relative dude.
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:12
Regular
munn wrote:

You have to look down to shoot him... therefore taking a few extra seconds... extra seconds in which the monkey is shooting you...

People who play as short characters have the advantage... I kill monkeys all the time... I play Monkey assist a lot and I'm often in first place.

But I know full well they have an advantage.
Mon 06/09/04 at 12:23
Regular
Meh, he's only hard to hit if you suck, I find him no more difficult to hit than say, Braces, or The Cropolite, who is probably the biggest character in the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.