GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
Been playing this a lot recently and I seem to have reawoken my love for it. Multiplayer is just so brilliant, there's so many different modes and options it still feels fresh today.

Been trying out a few new game modes, Leech in particular, and also Shrink. Any game with a team of Monkeys and Robofish with Anaconda playing in the background deserves a medal. It looks hilarious when you have one-shot kills on, slappers only and there's a group of different sized monkeys punching the crap out of each other. The Snowman screaming "I'm melting!" as you lay into him with the flamethrower is genius.

I really can't believe I stopped playing this for so long, it's brilliant. It's no Goldeneye, but still one of the best FPS' I've played.

Oh, and WS, it's brilliant, so shush. :-P
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
Been playing this a lot recently and I seem to have reawoken my love for it. Multiplayer is just so brilliant, there's so many different modes and options it still feels fresh today.

Been trying out a few new game modes, Leech in particular, and also Shrink. Any game with a team of Monkeys and Robofish with Anaconda playing in the background deserves a medal. It looks hilarious when you have one-shot kills on, slappers only and there's a group of different sized monkeys punching the crap out of each other. The Snowman screaming "I'm melting!" as you lay into him with the flamethrower is genius.

I really can't believe I stopped playing this for so long, it's brilliant. It's no Goldeneye, but still one of the best FPS' I've played.

Oh, and WS, it's brilliant, so shush. :-P
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
Funnily enough, i've also been playing this a hell of a lot recently, trying to complete it 100%, but thats bloody difficult. I just had a great match, only weapon is the brick, 1 shot kills, rotating heads, bloody brilliant, extremely funny. My favourite character has to be Badass Cyborg. I'm extremely pleased with the lifespan of this game. It was my first cube game, and i still play it as much now, if not more that when i first bought it.
Thu 12/08/04 at 17:08
Regular
RUBBISH!1

The multiplayers maps are crap, there's only about 3 I'd consider playing on. Half the game modes are a waste of space, as are half of the weapons.

The single player is incredibly difficult (on hard), but also very poor, tedious and unengaging.

And the mini-games are total cack.

I had way more fun playing 4 player Agent Under Fire, at least then you could set 50 laser trip wires and then swing around with the Q-Claw to pounce on top of people.
Thu 12/08/04 at 18:32
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Ha ha my opinion of you just plumetted even lower (didn't think that was possible). 'splitters 2 is a gaming classic, simple as that.
Thu 12/08/04 at 19:16
Regular
"8==="
It's good but nowhere near Goldeneye/PD standards minaly due to the accuracy being laughable and the crosshairs being far too floaty.

A worthy (if cartoony) successor to Unreal when it goes online.

and yes most of the level design is rubbish but with 4 players and none of the shoddy bots it's a very fun experience.
Thu 12/08/04 at 19:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
The bots are far too dumb and basically only help to add kill counts in multiplayer games, anyone remember the advanced sims and the mysterious dark sims from PD? <- Now they were a force to be reckoned with.

Still the best multiplayer shoot-em-up on GC I think
Thu 12/08/04 at 20:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dark Sims were laughable. Play with remote mines only and you'll see what I mean.

TS 2 is a great multiplayer title, but only the Ice level is really worth coming back to.
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:41
"period drama"
The multiplayer maps are pretty shiz. That's my only problem with the game.

The ice level is pretty good with rocket launchers and the like, and the other one with the massive hangar is played most often for non-launcher games.
All the others - like the mental hospital one, or the Mexican Mission inside are too confusing.

I still have nightmares about that arcade/ challenge level with the endless army of handymen.
Thu 12/08/04 at 22:13
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> RUBBISH!1
>
> The multiplayers maps are crap, there's only about 3 I'd consider
> playing on. Half the game modes are a waste of space, as are half of
> the weapons.
>
> The single player is incredibly difficult (on hard), but also very
> poor, tedious and unengaging.
>
> And the mini-games are total cack.
>
>
>
> I had way more fun playing 4 player Agent Under Fire, at least then
> you could set 50 laser trip wires and then swing around with the
> Q-Claw to pounce on top of people.

You're treading a fine line mate. Don't ever insult Timesplitters 2. It's one of the most frantic, funny and brilliant multiplayer games ever created. The number of modes is unreal, and there are 100s of characters to choose from.

The story mode is not poor or tedious, it is unqiue, fun and very challenging to play. And although it doesn't match the likes of Goldeneye single player, TS2 deserves total credit for playing single.

And the mini-games - genius. How many FPS do you know that let you shoot monkeys flying through the air, unlimited amounts of gingerbread men and throw some of the most haunting deathmatchs modes at you in any game ever.

TS2 is one of the greatest FPS ever created. To speak so negatively of it is a crime. You should be slapped.
Thu 12/08/04 at 22:15
Regular
"a.k.a King"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> The multiplayer maps are pretty shiz. That's my only problem with the
> game.
>
> The ice level is pretty good with rocket launchers and the like, and
> the other one with the massive hangar is played most often for
> non-launcher games.
> All the others - like the mental hospital one, or the Mexican Mission
> inside are too confusing.
>
> I still have nightmares about that arcade/ challenge level with the
> endless army of handymen.

But's that's the aim of TS2. The multiplayer maps are so small because they allow total carnage to break loose. Personally I think they're brilliant, especially the Mexican mission and Hospital levels.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.