GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Fable Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
Not quite sure why mine is more Official than any other, but there you go.

I reall like the look of this game. I really want to like the actual game, but I'm worried.

I really wanted to like Morrowind, but I didn't have 50+ hours to put into it before I could just about manage to kill a rat. Is the same thing likely to happen here?

I'm much more of a "half an hour here and there" type gamer, rather than a "6 hours straight? That's nothing!" type.

Also, talk amongst yourselves about Fable, it's out 2 months before Halo 2 anyway...

EDIT:

As this thread gets longer it'll be more difficult to find the links I've put in, so I'll add them in here too:

[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56279[/URL] for the Eurogamer.net preview - slightly more frank and shows some of the games possible faults...

[URL]http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/852/Fable/p1[/URL] for the Team Xbox one.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/539/539090p1.html[/URL] for the IGN one.

TeamXbox and Xbox IGN are apparently putting the first reviews up at 10am PST today (Friday 27th), which seems to be 6pm UK time.
Wed 01/09/04 at 13:28
Regular
A magazine called GMR Magazine has given it 80%.

Can't get hold of the review, only the score....
Tue 31/08/04 at 17:11
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I can see myself wasting hours just experimenting with peoples
> reactions to different things, everyone in the game has a daily
> routine as well so I plan on following the little kiddies to school
> in the morning in my underpants then stalking them around all
> day....did I just type that out loud?

That paragraph made my day.

I might do the usual "run around and fart in someones face" routine, and giggle like a little schoolgirl.
Tue 31/08/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Teal'c"
A bit like Harvest Moon.

Only Fable will be good :' }
Tue 31/08/04 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I predict that it'll be more fun to talk about the things that you've done in Fable than it will be to actually do them
Tue 31/08/04 at 12:26
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Peter, you're on first name terms are you?

No i just cant spell his surname.
Tue 31/08/04 at 11:34
Regular
Peter, you're on first name terms are you?

Just watched the IGN video review and the game looks wonderful. Sure it says that some of the bigger things planned for the game have been left out, but what's there looks like a hell of a lot of fun. It's looking to be my sort of game where you can just mess around for hours and hours and not bother following the main quest.

I can see myself wasting hours just experimenting with peoples reactions to different things, everyone in the game has a daily routine as well so I plan on following the little kiddies to school in the morning in my underpants then stalking them around all day....did I just type that out loud?

Can't wait!
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:49
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Ummm but it hink they would have realised this from black and white and try and push the genre forward that is what Peter said he wanted to do.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:42
Regular
"My character has grown into a man!! OMG!! ten out of ten"
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:30
Regular
Yep. I see a lot of people going 'christ this gameplay is shi..HEY LOOK I'VE GOT A TAN!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA x 25 minutes'.

While a lot of other people (like me) will say 'this is crap' and never touch it again.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:18
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Be careful, you may just end up with a game that initially seems like
> the best thing ever, but scratch the surface and it's distinctly
> average with shiny distractions.

It's a gamble.

But I think the real judges will be ourselve's more then the mouth of some games journalist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.