GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Fable Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
Not quite sure why mine is more Official than any other, but there you go.

I reall like the look of this game. I really want to like the actual game, but I'm worried.

I really wanted to like Morrowind, but I didn't have 50+ hours to put into it before I could just about manage to kill a rat. Is the same thing likely to happen here?

I'm much more of a "half an hour here and there" type gamer, rather than a "6 hours straight? That's nothing!" type.

Also, talk amongst yourselves about Fable, it's out 2 months before Halo 2 anyway...

EDIT:

As this thread gets longer it'll be more difficult to find the links I've put in, so I'll add them in here too:

[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56279[/URL] for the Eurogamer.net preview - slightly more frank and shows some of the games possible faults...

[URL]http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/852/Fable/p1[/URL] for the Team Xbox one.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/539/539090p1.html[/URL] for the IGN one.

TeamXbox and Xbox IGN are apparently putting the first reviews up at 10am PST today (Friday 27th), which seems to be 6pm UK time.
Tue 17/08/04 at 18:04
Regular
Don't know, It's just the "main plot".
Tue 17/08/04 at 18:29
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Creepy wrote:
> Don't know, It's just the "main plot".

Ah all confused now.
Tue 17/08/04 at 18:43
Regular
Goatboy has a point, but Lionhead is the publisher. It's Big Blue Box who is developing it.

Looks excellent, Anyone got any links to some interesting previews/videos?
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:23
Regular
Foszy, yeah apparently they are reviewing it next month.

Goatboy has a point, B&W was massively over-hyped, and you ended up with so much micro-management you couldn't really enjoy the game.

Still, I'm looking forward to it, I just won't rush out and buy it on the first day...
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:00
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Your Honour wrote:
> Foszy, yeah apparently they are reviewing it next month.

Make a note of it.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:18
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Or can somene remind me?
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:20
Regular
Foszy you need to get OXM.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:21
Regular
I can't wait for this, sounds amazing. The only trouble is, i can't help but feel it will disappoint beyond belief because of all the expectations.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:26
Regular
"Selected"
This game's gonna be good. I'm gonna marry my character off to alot of ugly townsfolk.

Then I'll murder them on the honeymoon
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:33
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Creepy wrote:
> Foszy you need to get OXM.

Cheers but how about slightly nearer the time :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.