GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Fable Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
Not quite sure why mine is more Official than any other, but there you go.

I reall like the look of this game. I really want to like the actual game, but I'm worried.

I really wanted to like Morrowind, but I didn't have 50+ hours to put into it before I could just about manage to kill a rat. Is the same thing likely to happen here?

I'm much more of a "half an hour here and there" type gamer, rather than a "6 hours straight? That's nothing!" type.

Also, talk amongst yourselves about Fable, it's out 2 months before Halo 2 anyway...

EDIT:

As this thread gets longer it'll be more difficult to find the links I've put in, so I'll add them in here too:

[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56279[/URL] for the Eurogamer.net preview - slightly more frank and shows some of the games possible faults...

[URL]http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/852/Fable/p1[/URL] for the Team Xbox one.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/539/539090p1.html[/URL] for the IGN one.

TeamXbox and Xbox IGN are apparently putting the first reviews up at 10am PST today (Friday 27th), which seems to be 6pm UK time.
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:29
Regular
Not quite sure why mine is more Official than any other, but there you go.

I reall like the look of this game. I really want to like the actual game, but I'm worried.

I really wanted to like Morrowind, but I didn't have 50+ hours to put into it before I could just about manage to kill a rat. Is the same thing likely to happen here?

I'm much more of a "half an hour here and there" type gamer, rather than a "6 hours straight? That's nothing!" type.

Also, talk amongst yourselves about Fable, it's out 2 months before Halo 2 anyway...

EDIT:

As this thread gets longer it'll be more difficult to find the links I've put in, so I'll add them in here too:

[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56279[/URL] for the Eurogamer.net preview - slightly more frank and shows some of the games possible faults...

[URL]http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/852/Fable/p1[/URL] for the Team Xbox one.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/539/539090p1.html[/URL] for the IGN one.

TeamXbox and Xbox IGN are apparently putting the first reviews up at 10am PST today (Friday 27th), which seems to be 6pm UK time.
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:34
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Yeh im relly hoping its going to be good, hopefully enough to carry me through to Halo 2. Should easly be better than Morrowmind will be highly dissapointed if its not.

Again i like the idea that i can do whatever i fancy, thats what im really looking forward to in the game but i also looking forward to choosing whether to be good or evil. I still not sure, probably start as good get to a hard point and turn evil.
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:38
Regular
I'm not going to decide at the start if I want to be good or evil. I'll just take each situation as it comes, and see what happens.

I read the preview in this months OXM, and it has suddenly jumped up my most wanted list...
Tue 17/08/04 at 17:26
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Your Honour wrote:
> I'm not going to decide at the start if I want to be good or evil.
> I'll just take each situation as it comes, and see what happens.
>
> I read the preview in this months OXM, and it has suddenly jumped up
> my most wanted list...

Ah its been third on my lsit for long time just Halo 2 and BC in front.
Tue 17/08/04 at 17:29
Regular
Halo 2 - Fable - everything else

It's not gonna be another Morrorwind where you have to play for 50 hours before you can even kill a rat.

Really does look excellent, can't wait to streak round the village in my pants. Not sure if you've seen it but there's a massive 12 page preview on IGN.com that is very much worth a read.
Tue 17/08/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'd beware if I were you, it's another Lionhead/Molyneaux game.

They're hyping the exact same features that were touted as making Black & White so earth-shatteringly different:
CHANGE! Alignment with each action
GROW! Your stature increases over time
FAT! Be obese or fit, muscles develop!
SCARS! That remain over time
INTERACT! With environment
ETC ETC!

Yet Black & White was nothing more than an amusing Tamagotchi game where you taught your pet to eat poo and burn things, missing several of the features promised, even ones in the manual that to this day, some 3-4 years after release, are still not there (Clans? Uploading your creature's history to it's own website)

I'd say wait for the reviews, don't think it'll be the best game ever and open-ended with fantastical random features.
It's just sounding too similar to Black & White's hype for my liking. Hope I'm wrong though.
Tue 17/08/04 at 17:53
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Yeh i spose we will have to wait till the reviews but hopefully fingers crossed. Is it being reviewed next month in the OXM?
Tue 17/08/04 at 17:54
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Yeh i spose we will have to wait till the reviews but hopefully fingers crossed. Is it being reviewed next month in the OXM?

Dont say anything about OXM Mav/Edgy
Tue 17/08/04 at 17:56
Regular
The main story of the game is 20 hours long.

I'm really loking forward to klling a whole town and watching as tumbleweeds go past ;D
Tue 17/08/04 at 18:00
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Creepy wrote:
> The main story of the game is 20 hours long.
>
>
> I'm really loking forward to klling a whole town and watching
> as tumbleweeds go past ;D

Is that 20 hours for good and bad or both?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.