GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why dreamcast is not very good"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
I think that Dreamcast is not very good at all for an 128 bit console. Sega stopped making any more consoles and have just enough to develop some more games.
The games on the dreamcast at the moment are appalling apart from maybe Shenmue. They lack playability and dont last very long. The graphics arent that good and there isnt much variety of games.
I cant wait until the gamecube comes out. I think that it will be better than all the other 128bit consoles coming out, especially with games coming out like Luigis mansion and the second waverace game. The x-box is bascially a pc or it will turn into one as they are bringing out microsoft word and excel on it.
The gamecube has many brilliant release titles and i cant wait for its release.
Sun 24/06/01 at 20:15
I think Dan2k1 is a bit confused, he probably lives in Albania and has no experience of playing consoles. When Dreamcast came out I thought it looked impressive but now it lacks originality and the ps2 and the gamecube look so much better. Even Gameboy advance is better than the dreamcast. No actually it isnt. Ive owned playstaion and nintendo consoles before and my opinion is that nintendo release far better games that appeal to me.
Sun 24/06/01 at 20:18
Regular
"Hoo Har"
sepultura_rule wrote:
> I think Dan2k1 is a bit confused, he probably lives in Albania and
> has no experience of playing consoles. When Dreamcast came out I
> thought it looked impressive but now it lacks originality and the
> ps2 and the gamecube look so much better. Even Gameboy advance is
> better than the dreamcast. No actually it isnt. Ive owned playstaion
> and nintendo consoles before and my opinion is that nintendo release
> far better games that appeal to me.

You said that GBA is better than DC, well that very hard comparison and Idon't know how you came up with as there compleatly different machines. That like say that Black and White is better than sliced bread (well maybe not but it's not to far off).
Sun 24/06/01 at 20:41
sepultura_rule wrote:
> I think Dan2k1 is a bit confused, he probably lives in Albania and
> has no experience of playing consoles.

Yes that is absolutely correct, I do live in Albania, I have never played any game related machines before, have no idea what I am talking about and kneel before you the fantastically informative person whom I have quoted.
Sun 24/06/01 at 20:48
Dan2K1 wrote:
> sepultura_rule wrote:
> I think Dan2k1 is a bit confused, he
> probably lives in Albania and
> has no experience of playing
> consoles.

Yes that is absolutely correct, I do live in
> Albania, I have never played any game related machines before, have
> no idea what I am talking about and kneel before you the
> fantastically informative person whom I have quoted.

nice one dan.
Sun 24/06/01 at 20:51
Thanks. I hope to learn a lot about the Dreamcast from the founder of this riviting topic. Sam - are you on MSN? I can't ever find you there.
Sun 24/06/01 at 20:52
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Who's Sam???
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:02
Not you, so don't worry.
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:03
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Ok let me sort this out...You know my fine word's speak of the truth.
Right first off, The Playstation 2.
A console that is really A crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, meaning the damn thing hasn't shown us spectacular things yet but it is capable of doing so. You only have to look at Grand Turismo 3 to really see the spectacular graphics, Handling and sound.
And of course Metal Gear Solid2 is coming and that is saying something. Why has the Playstation2 not performed to it's high standards? Well first off, it supposed to be a brute of a thing to design for taking absolutely ages to make something look worth playing. Factor 5 recently stated that Grandturismo 3 would have been developed for the Gamecube 'HALF' the amount of time it would have for the PS2, plus with other added graphical trickery that the Gamecube posesses. Now take what you will of that.
The Dreamcast on the other hand has given us great Graphics from day one, already we have seen great games showing the visuals of outstanding brilliance, at the Moment the Dreamcast is ahead of the PS2 in graphical terms and of course 'high' quality games.

But give PS2 Time. The Dreamcast is a wonderful system and it is a shame many Developers are backing away from it (I really was looking forward to Half-Life).
And I will say this too, at the moment the Playstation 2 isn't worth owning at the moment, it's too dear with no AAA games, but in the future it will be worth owning.
The Dreamcast however 'is the system to own now', it really is silly talk saying it's not, or that the DC it is very poor!.
Catch a grip.
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Spider II wrote:
> Who's Sam???

Time_Warp.
Sun 24/06/01 at 21:09
Get a grip*?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.