GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why dreamcast is not very good"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
I think that Dreamcast is not very good at all for an 128 bit console. Sega stopped making any more consoles and have just enough to develop some more games.
The games on the dreamcast at the moment are appalling apart from maybe Shenmue. They lack playability and dont last very long. The graphics arent that good and there isnt much variety of games.
I cant wait until the gamecube comes out. I think that it will be better than all the other 128bit consoles coming out, especially with games coming out like Luigis mansion and the second waverace game. The x-box is bascially a pc or it will turn into one as they are bringing out microsoft word and excel on it.
The gamecube has many brilliant release titles and i cant wait for its release.
Sun 24/06/01 at 12:26
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hmmmm
Sun 24/06/01 at 12:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Blood will be spilled.
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:12
sepultura_rule (confusingly) wrote:

> I think that Dreamcast is not very good at all for an 128 bit
> console.

Dan wrote: that's fair enough - everyone is entitled to their opinion, which can always be strengthened with the inclusion of factual information, manipulative language or an enthusiastic method of writing. However, your opinion isn't strong in this instance.

Sega stopped making any more consoles and have just enough
> to develop some more games.

Have just enough consoles to develop more games for? They only need one console and some development tools! Games have been developed in the past when there were less DC's around. Now there's more, so basically they should continue making games for the format. Gamers craving Sega magic (the magic that is exclusive to DC) will have to wait for longer periods and so games like Shenmue 2 and Sonic 2 will sell incredibly well.

The games on the dreamcast at the
> moment are appalling apart from maybe Shenmue.

>Speechless< You obviously don't know what's available, have never played on the Dreamcast, or just want to provoke some kind of reaction here. All I can say, without getting incredibly mad at you, is I feel sorry for you. Your neglect of the system and pre-occuring opinion of the console and it's 'appalling' games has meant you'll never play some absolute masterpieces. But then again, if this is your attitude, you don't deserve to.

They lack playability
> and dont last very long.

Well only if you don't play on them (because you don't own them), which is clear to me that you have not done.

The graphics arent that good and there isnt
> much variety of games.

The graphics and visual effects in some games out surpasses anything on the market, even the majority of PlayStation 2 titles. No variety? I'm guessing you live in Iceland or somewhere.

>I cant wait until the gamecube comes out.

Tough

I
> think that it will be better than all the other 128bit consoles
> coming out, especially with games coming out like Luigis mansion and
> the second waverace game.

It probably will be better than the rest, but the XBox is likely to match it no matter what people think at this stage.

The x-box is bascially a pc or it will
> turn into one as they are bringing out microsoft word and excel on
> it.

Err, no.

The gamecube has many brilliant release titles and i cant wait
> for its release.

Good, there's no need to slate the Dreamcast in order to make the Game Cube look more impressive.

You're living a lie.

Dan2K1
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Here we go, prejudiced Nintys again passing judgement on a console because of rumors they have heard.

They're all the same.
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:33
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
The Dreamcast hasn't good graphics? What? You also mention it isn't a good 128 bit console? What again!!
The graphics produced from the system are far better than most for the PS2.
Look at Sonic Adv2, Shenmue, Virtua Tennis.
Now don't be silly.
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Although I have to say I find the graphics on Crazy Taxi a little unimpressive.
Sun 24/06/01 at 14:49
It's a year old. Which version - DC or PS2? Back in Feb 2000 they were great.
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:49
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
turbonutter wrote:
> Here we go, prejudiced Nintys again passing judgement on a console
> because of rumors they have heard.

They're all the same.

He's not basing his info on rumors. He's played a lot of the good DC games. He's not played them enough to have this opinion of his but you don't know enough about him to call him a ninty. He isn't. He owns a playstation. He just thinks that the GameCube looks really good.

(I'm talking about sepultura_rules here by the way)
Sun 24/06/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Hoo Har"
The_Vottanator wrote:
Oh and stop acting as if you're who
> everyone should look up to. Do you have any idea how annoying you
> were when you first came here?

Did I say that... let me think... NO!!!
Sun 24/06/01 at 20:04
You were VERY annoying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.