GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why dreamcast is not very good"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
I think that Dreamcast is not very good at all for an 128 bit console. Sega stopped making any more consoles and have just enough to develop some more games.
The games on the dreamcast at the moment are appalling apart from maybe Shenmue. They lack playability and dont last very long. The graphics arent that good and there isnt much variety of games.
I cant wait until the gamecube comes out. I think that it will be better than all the other 128bit consoles coming out, especially with games coming out like Luigis mansion and the second waverace game. The x-box is bascially a pc or it will turn into one as they are bringing out microsoft word and excel on it.
The gamecube has many brilliant release titles and i cant wait for its release.
Thu 21/06/01 at 20:43
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Listen. Yes, he has played one. And why is it that he automatically knows nothing because he is a JAT. For all you know, while you've been spending your time on this site, he could have been playing consoles. Then he would know a lot more about them than you. So back off.

(No offence. I'm just defending my friend)

:)
Thu 21/06/01 at 20:52
Really thebn why does he say that vott? Has he played Pso? the nhe wouldn't say that.
Thu 21/06/01 at 21:04
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I assume you're talking about Phantasy Star Online. Weel, yes in fact, he has played that because I own it. If you're talking about playstation (which I dont think you are) then he has also played that becuse he owns one so thank you very much. I will now accept your apology.
Thu 21/06/01 at 21:38
SHENMUE,SONIC ADVENTURE,QUAKE 2,PSO,CRAZY TAXY,HIDDEN AND DANGEROUS,MSR,POWER STONE 2,VIRTUA TENNIS,CODE VERONICA,FERRARI F355,DEAD OR ALIVE 2,SOUL CALIBUR,NBA2K,SEGA GT,JET SET RADIO,....hmmmm now i say that,it makes me feel as though im right.

I am right
Thu 21/06/01 at 23:49
"I love yo... lamp."
You talk rubbish. There is so many good long stylish DC games out there that I think you are either drunk or in Sonys PR department. Shut up with dissing the DC because you just make yourself look stupid. Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Metropolis Street Racer, Sega GT, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia2, Phantasy Star Online the list goes on. The DC rules.
Biggles
Fri 22/06/01 at 00:14
Don't get me wrong, the DC is a great machine, and believe it or not, I really like it. I'm just saying that it was never going to do well with the PS on a roll and every single casual gamer buying sequels for it, and the dreaded WWTBAM. Oh, and don't say anything about me liking Sony - they're on my hitlist if I ever rule the world. So there.
Fri 22/06/01 at 20:04
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Listen, I do NOT like Sony. They are on my hitlist as well. But I'm just saying that DC is not as good as N64. PSO is a great game for DC but if it were released on N64 then it would be good but not great. It would be like Winback. It's just too much of the same all the way through.
Fri 22/06/01 at 20:08
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Listen, I do NOT like Sony. They are on my hitlist as well. But I'm
> just saying that DC is not as good as N64. PSO is a great game for
> DC but if it were released on N64 then it would be good but not
> great. It would be like Winback. It's just too much of the same all
> the way through.

I don't like Sony either! But I think DC is better than N64. The games are of a much higher standard but both Sega and Nintendo make the best games.
Fri 22/06/01 at 20:17
Regular
"Hoo Har"
How old are you JAT, as you obviously don't no what your talking about. I bet you don't even have a DC. Your obviously not that old or your topic would have a more thought out reason and more evidence. Have you ever heard of Jet Set Radio, Quake 3, NBA 2K, Phantasy Star Online, Sonic, Sonic 2... Obviously not, before you start making topics think about them first, you obviously didn't think this topic out! Dont worry, you'll learn. How old are you anyway???
Fri 22/06/01 at 20:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Apparently even Sega don't think the Dreamcast is a very good console. I bet all the Sega bigwigs have PS2s.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.