GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counter Strike: Source"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Wed 25/08/04 at 15:32
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Anyone else playing the beta yet? It was released via steam last week to owners of either Condition Zero or the HL2 voucher from ATI graphics cards, and isn't half bad. It was nice to find out how well the Source engine would run on this machine, and the physics and graphical touches impressed me greatly - particularly flashbangs (with images burned on to the screen) and muzzle flashes.

Still a bit buggy, there are regular updates to iron out gameplay glitches and so on, and they're still only using hitboxes for collision detection, though apparently the final will have per-pixel hit detection..

As a person who stopped playing CS months ago, this single level beta got me straight back in to it. All the weapons have been tinkered with slightly (the colt is now unstoppable and the AK generally pants) but that changes with every update anyway..

Worth a look if you qualify for the beta, about a 300mb download I think, just run Steam.
Thu 26/08/04 at 21:09
Regular
"the burning sky"
Where's my post gone?
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:42
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've downloaded something now...
There's a bunch of text files and a bunch of RAR files, the text files are in Spanish or Italian or something but I've found a readme inside a RAR thing and that's in English. All looks confusing. There's no setup exe or anything though so I'm a bit mystified as to what I'm meant to do with it all. Inside the client RAR there's loads of dll's and a bunch of folders which reminds me of how it used to look in my HL folder.
Maybe I just extract it all to a new folder and hope for the best...

I'll try it later.

The readme despite being in Enlgish is totally uncomprehensable. If that's even a word.
The only thing I really understand is '
MAKE SURE U R EXITTED FROM STEAM!'

Would have thought though I'd need it in my Steam folder somewhere, but what do I know?
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:15
Regular
CS: Source system requirements?
Is the final version going to be free?
Wed 25/08/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It's funny, because the AK is one of the most accurate rifles around.
Wed 25/08/04 at 20:29
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Well I never figured I was /that/ bad :p I used to get on quite well with the AK, but now even on single shots I have issues. It displeases me, greatly, and means I spend most of my time as a terrorist sneaking up on CTs with a deagle and stealing their guns. Tut.
Wed 25/08/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
fiナ[oV] wrote:
> AK god you may once have been, but it's so inaccurate at any sort of
> distance

That's always been true to an extent but the first two or three bullets you got out used to be deadly accurate, that's not still the case then?
Wed 25/08/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Touched!"
Just got Condition Zero for this lol, gonna start the download off now.
Wed 25/08/04 at 17:01
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> You used the word pants.

SR wouldn't let me use 90% of the words I'm now accustomed to having spent a fortnight in your presence :p

AK god you may once have been, but it's so inaccurate at any sort of distance now I can't see it being a match for the colt. Sort yourself out with a copy and we shall see ;)
Wed 25/08/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
fiナ[oV] wrote:
> As a person who stopped playing CS months ago, this single level beta
> got me straight back in to it. All the weapons have been tinkered
> with slightly (the colt is now unstoppable and the AK generally
> pants) but that changes with every update anyway..

Pfft, we'll see about that, I was a God with an AK.
Well, more so than with the colt anyway.

> Worth a look if you qualify for the beta, about a 300mb download I
> think, just run Steam.

Hmm, I don't but I'm hoping this thing I've been getting off eMule for the last few days will work out as an alternative...
Wed 25/08/04 at 16:36
Regular
You used the word pants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.