GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counter Strike: Source"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Wed 25/08/04 at 15:32
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Anyone else playing the beta yet? It was released via steam last week to owners of either Condition Zero or the HL2 voucher from ATI graphics cards, and isn't half bad. It was nice to find out how well the Source engine would run on this machine, and the physics and graphical touches impressed me greatly - particularly flashbangs (with images burned on to the screen) and muzzle flashes.

Still a bit buggy, there are regular updates to iron out gameplay glitches and so on, and they're still only using hitboxes for collision detection, though apparently the final will have per-pixel hit detection..

As a person who stopped playing CS months ago, this single level beta got me straight back in to it. All the weapons have been tinkered with slightly (the colt is now unstoppable and the AK generally pants) but that changes with every update anyway..

Worth a look if you qualify for the beta, about a 300mb download I think, just run Steam.
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Touched!"
Source is a quality game..well worth the £12 for CZ!
Thu 02/09/04 at 22:22
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Is CZ worth buying?

This is what's holding me back - I don't see CZ as being worth the money, yet I want it so I can play Source.

Tough choice, but if I can find CZ on the cheap or used, I'll probably pick it up.
Thu 02/09/04 at 22:21
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Pic I took earlier..

I so hate you right now :D
Thu 02/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
...And tommorow I really will buy CZ instead of just saying I will.
Thu 02/09/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Is CZ worth buying?
Thu 02/09/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Touched!"
Pic I took earlier..floor textures look amazing!

http://img82.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img82&image=CS.jpg
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Still tempted to buy CZ to see for myself (though not too keen on CS), coincidentally, The Half Life 2 pre load began a day or two ago, the first step to getting to download HL2 off Steam.
Fri 27/08/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Aye good call, can be had for under £15 I believe, though I got a bit fed up with the single players stuffs after..not long.

Still, tell me when Source is ready to go ;)
Fri 27/08/04 at 09:50
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well like I said yesterday but has now disappeared, I got a bunch of errors and will be getting myself a proper version of CZ.
Fri 27/08/04 at 01:35
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
There!

FORK IT!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.