GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counter Strike: Source"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Wed 25/08/04 at 15:32
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Anyone else playing the beta yet? It was released via steam last week to owners of either Condition Zero or the HL2 voucher from ATI graphics cards, and isn't half bad. It was nice to find out how well the Source engine would run on this machine, and the physics and graphical touches impressed me greatly - particularly flashbangs (with images burned on to the screen) and muzzle flashes.

Still a bit buggy, there are regular updates to iron out gameplay glitches and so on, and they're still only using hitboxes for collision detection, though apparently the final will have per-pixel hit detection..

As a person who stopped playing CS months ago, this single level beta got me straight back in to it. All the weapons have been tinkered with slightly (the colt is now unstoppable and the AK generally pants) but that changes with every update anyway..

Worth a look if you qualify for the beta, about a 300mb download I think, just run Steam.
Wed 15/09/04 at 18:13
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Is there any way to put bots into CS:Source
Sat 04/09/04 at 21:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I might very well purchase it then. I was put off mainly because I'm not a fan of CS (though I'm curious as to how bad the supposed "Deleted Scene" missions are) and the staggering amount of releases this month I want to buy. Then I remembered, I'm cashing in my share money soon, ca-ching, an extra grand in my hand, enough to spend £15 on a game to let me see the technology running HL2.
Sat 04/09/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Touched!"
I personally think it's a decent game, I'm not too sure as to how long the beta will be running for, but if rumours are to be believed then we could be waiting until November for Half Life 2, so you could get at least another 2 months out of the beta before they close it for the real thing. They are constantly updating the game so it can only get better, £15 well spent in my opinion!
Sat 04/09/04 at 18:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Is £15 worth paying towards CZ to play CS: Source? I'm not too fussed about Counter Strike (Though my brother likes it so I’m sure it won't be a complete waste of money) I really just need to see the Source engine up and running on my PC, and those lovely physics in an online game should be very interesting to see.
Sat 04/09/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Touched!"
Ok cheers mate.
Sat 04/09/04 at 11:25
Regular
Sure thing. I'm in no rush so no pressure. Let me know either way though, asI don't want to sell it to someone else and find out you were still interested :D
Sat 04/09/04 at 11:21
Regular
"Touched!"
Will have a word with folks as little bro wants Sims 2 and he just needs a decent card to run it with :) Will let you know but I'm very interested!
Sat 04/09/04 at 11:15
Regular
Fully boxed, comes with Intervideo DVD Player software too. S-Video cable supplied (although I'll have to hunt that down)

I never even considered Overclocking it so don't know if it's capable (although it should be).

Even at standard spec, it can run Far Cry, as long as you're not greedy on the settings :D
Sat 04/09/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Touched!"
Sounds good mate, does that come with the box/any cables? etc Is it run at stock?
Sat 04/09/04 at 11:03
Regular
Aye I am - it's just a matter of me getting a new one first though.

£40 free postage?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.