GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CONFLICT: VIETNAM!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Vietnam'.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:54
Regular
Searching around Play.com the other day and its said Conflict Vietnam is to be released a week today!!!.

I remember hyping up Conflict Desert Storm II for months and months before it came out but I am definetly getting this next week (and this will be the first game I have bought since Pro Evo 3).

This game is gonna be good.
Sun 29/08/04 at 20:11
Regular
Played Conflict 2 last night on Extreme again and got absolutely slaughtered :-(
Sat 28/08/04 at 19:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've completed it on my own as well, but it's a lot more fun with mates.

And maybe the controls are good, but when you're used to the Gamecube version's ones, they feel really strange and rubbish. Trust me. :-)

I liked the built up areas in Conflict 2, although the majority of levels in the original version (mostly out in the desert) were better than a lot of CDS2's. I thought the game was far too short when compared to the original (and just too short in non-comparison terms as well), but quality of the levels was still good enough. Street Battle in particular was great.

I want Vietnam, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting it.
Sat 28/08/04 at 18:06
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> we could complete it on Extreme.

It's easier playing it with someone else compared to on your on :p. I started the game on Hard (no point playing it on easy) and then completed on extreme. I thought the controls were good.
Sat 28/08/04 at 11:51
Regular
Conflict 2 was fun but way too short and the levels were too linear and restricted. I really hope they have more of the open style levels of the first game, they should really as Vietnam is hardly full of big built up cities and narrow roads.
Fri 27/08/04 at 20:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I want it, but I refuse to buy the PS2 version because the controls are crap.

Sadly it's not being released on the Gamecube, so unless at some point it is, I won't be getting this. Which saddens me, seeing as I loved the previous two. Me and my mates were immense in the 4-player link-up - we could complete it on Extreme.

But sadly, SCi are idiots.
Fri 27/08/04 at 07:07
Regular
Thanks.

From the look of that, we get it before the Americans. Nice one.
Fri 27/08/04 at 07:03
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/conflictvietnam/index.html?q=vietnam[/URL]
Fri 27/08/04 at 06:54
Regular
Shame, would have made a potentially very good game last even longer.
Fri 27/08/04 at 06:53
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
No.
Fri 27/08/04 at 06:51
Regular
Is it playable online?

I enjoyed the first two so no doubt I'll get this too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.