GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Uses unusually deep voice* Resident Evil"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil'.
Tue 31/08/04 at 14:56
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Completed that a couple of days back and its the first time I have ever really got into a Resident Evil game. Did it with Chris first seeing as it was meant to be more of a challenge and I did find it very enjoyable especially shoving a flash grenade into a Crimson Heads mouth and watching his head explode.

Love and my local Gamestation are selling 0,2 and 3 for 30 pounds so im pretty sure im going to be set for a while.
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:11
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Dringo wrote:
> I agree Pringle, there was even whole scenes (such as the over the car
> shooting scene and alice dropping the gun and catching it) that was
> taken straight from the Resident Evil games.
>
> Kudos.

True, and they actually had characters from the games e.g Jill Valentine, Charles Ashford, Nemesis which made it easier to relate to. There was also a tiny bit relating to the mansion incident. When JIll was gettin chnaged at the start the newspaper clippings on the wall said she had been suspended fro false allegations against umbrella regarding the discovery of a mansion disgusied as a testing laboratory.
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:07
Regular
I agree Pringle, there was even whole scenes (such as the over the car shooting scene and alice dropping the gun and catching it) that was taken straight from the Resident Evil games.

Kudos.
Tue 26/10/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Recently saw the new film. Surprisingly entertaining and unlike the first film actually had quite alot to do with the games which added to its appeal. Definately worth a visit if anyone loved the games or slightly liked the first film.

Seriously considering catching up on old times and buying all 5 resi games for the GC of ebay. Does anyone know where code veronica fits into the timeline and if it contains any other seen before charcaters other than miss redfield?
Mon 27/09/04 at 23:02
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Pringle28 wrote:
> DeadMetal wrote:
> Hannard wrote:
> But not giving Resident Evil 3 a Resi 1 style facelift was pretty
> cheap.
>
> True, Resi 3 was my favourite of the series. Seeing Nemesis in
> Next-Generation Graphics would of been a truly terrifying
> experiance.
>
> Why did capcom not see it profitable to remake the other two? Resi
> remake made them a huge bundle and was almost dubbed as a console
> shifter due to its appealing adult content. It wouldn't have cost
> much to fix up the other two games and relaunch them. just cant see
> why they didnt..

No idea, but it would of been great. Seeing Birkin's horrific transformation in Resident Evil 2 would of made Lisa Trevor look like kid's tv, and I've already gone on about Nemesis.

I guess Capcom wanted to keep some of the series in it's original state, but I would of loved to see "Resi 2, 3 and Code Veronica" remade for the cube, it would of definatively gave the console some good advertisement (espicially to fans of the PS1 originals or those who won't buy a game unless it includes blood, guns and strong violence).
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:02
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
DeadMetal wrote:
> Hannard wrote:
> cheap.
>
> True, Resi 3 was my favourite of the series. Seeing Nemesis in
> Next-Generation Graphics would of been a truly terrifying experiance.

Why did capcom not see it profitable to remake the other two? Resi remake made them a huge bundle and was almost dubbed as a console shifter due to its appealing adult content. It wouldn't have cost much to fix up the other two games and relaunch them. just cant see why they didnt..
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:24
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Hannard wrote:
> cheap.

True, Resi 3 was my favourite of the series. Seeing Nemesis in Next-Generation Graphics would of been a truly terrifying experiance.
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Braaains"
But not giving Resident Evil 3 a Resi 1 style facelift was pretty cheap.
Sun 26/09/04 at 18:00
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Pringle28 wrote:
>oh and whos carlos?

Resident Evil 3, the other playable character (other than Jill), nice guy, never been seen since.
Sun 26/09/04 at 17:54
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
DeadMetal wrote:
> Pringle28 wrote:
> The film has relly strayed too far away from the games i feel. The
> first film remained slightly loyal but I think the new films'
> already
> lost the plot seeing as it dosnt actually contain ANY of the
> characters from the games...
>
>
> Ain't Jill Valentine, Carlos and everyones favourite rocket
> launching, dog faced mo'fo Nemisis in the sequel?

I read a plot review in a cineworld magazine and it said that the film was based on Alices personal journey to find out what has gone on in Racoon city. oh and whos carlos?
Sun 26/09/04 at 17:43
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Pringle28 wrote:
> The film has relly strayed too far away from the games i feel. The
> first film remained slightly loyal but I think the new films' already
> lost the plot seeing as it dosnt actually contain ANY of the
> characters from the games...
>

Ain't Jill Valentine, Carlos and everyones favourite rocket launching, dog faced mo'fo Nemisis in the sequel?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.