GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Modern Warfare 2 - Freeola Official Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2'.
Tue 10/11/09 at 11:04
Regular
"THFC"
As the most anticipated game of the year is released today, we need a place to discuss the happenings and to arrange games!

A few people asked for this to be created and so here we go.

Trusting everyone has their copy now, so let the fun begin tonight.

I, along with several others will be on Xbox but i know some are Ps3, but its the same game so no point in two threads!

Gamertags

Xbox 360

Emmie08 - Emmie87
Black8704 - Black8704
JASON BRFC - Hippyman
Bullshrimp - pete_21
IX Chow Mein XI - sonic chris
SAS Duck - gr13ve
pb live - pb
JubbaMHC - Jubbachainsaw
sentox223 - Shepps 123
jonsmith90 - tnc

Ps3

sytim - Warhunt
jsf132 - McLong
motomotomd - motomoto
DrPheltRight - LukeM

PC

Alexccll200 - Alfonse
Page:
Sun 30/05/10 at 13:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> New
> map pack
out on the 3rd June if anyone's interested.Same
> rip off price of 1200 M$ points and 2 of the 5 maps are from COD
> 4.Infinity Ward sure seem to be fleecing this cash cow for all
> that it's worth.

For sure pete.....and the pc stimulus pack maps still haven't been included in the main game options/selections :-(
Sun 30/05/10 at 09:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
New map pack out on the 3rd June if anyone's interested.Same rip off price of 1200 M$ points and 2 of the 5 maps are from COD 4.Infinity Ward sure seem to be fleecing this cash cow for all that it's worth.
Wed 31/03/10 at 11:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pete_21 wrote:
> Finally go to play on the new maps.While the maps themselves are
> OK I utterly hate the mosh pit selection system you currently
> have to play them on.Think it's rubbish you can't play the game
> types you want to on them.Every other game seemed to be Search
> & Destroy which I hate.Went on with 3 of my mates (who have
> also bought the maps today) and we ended up playing on normal
> Team Deathmatch on the 'old' maps.Don't know if this will always
> be the case,if it is then I'm sorry I bought them.

I'm sure you will be able to play more. Bought them yesterday, but not played on them yet. Unfortunately it may be down to me selecting the modes I already have.

Really getting into Demolition. Huge match bonus - for really shortish rounds. Plus loads of kills as everyone is looking for the bomb sites.

82% of the way to my first prestige...wait...will I do it?
Tue 30/03/10 at 23:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
Finally go to play on the new maps.While the maps themselves are OK I utterly hate the mosh pit selection system you currently have to play them on.Think it's rubbish you can't play the game types you want to on them.Every other game seemed to be Search & Destroy which I hate.Went on with 3 of my mates (who have also bought the maps today) and we ended up playing on normal Team Deathmatch on the 'old' maps.Don't know if this will always be the case,if it is then I'm sorry I bought them.
Tue 30/03/10 at 21:03
Regular
"eat toast!"
McLong wrote:
> spoonbeast wrote:
> Some stuff.
>
> I'm afraid I can't help with regards to the VIP code. I got the
> PS3 version which had a little piece of card with my VIP code on
> it. Well worth giving Amazon a shout anyway.
>
> How are you finding BFBC2 now? I started off very slowly, but I'm
> really getting into it now. I find if I fully embrace my actual
> role (medic at the moment) I can rack up some serious points in
> Rush games. In my last 10 or so matches I've finished top 3 out
> of 12 (averaging about 1500 points per game).
>
> I tend to run around looking for the action and get as involved
> as possible, but if I see a group of squad members needing
> medikits or someone needing resuscitation, that takes over as my
> main goal (big points). As a medic you start off with an LMG
> (crazy...) and after a few medic level-ups you get a sweet
> red-dot sight which is really helping my accuracy.
>
> I suppose it depends what class you are though. The starter recon
> sniper gun is balls. The fire-rate is approximately nil, and
> unless you get a clean head-shot you do almost no damage. Saying
> that, after a couple of weapon unlocks, this class is supposed to
> be seriously powerful. Probably 70% of the time I die is by
> sniper fire.

Painful is the word. Although i do ok, i find that i join games where we're just cannon fodder for other teams. Its unfair that the better people get all the best stuff that makes life easier for them. Surely they could have implemented something like extra armour or protection against bullets earlier rather then just one level away from getting magnum rounds.

Medic unlocking is a pain at the start as i have to unlock my abilities just to get anywhere with that class its stupid at times. Add in the odd lag issues and the genrally one sided games on certain modes, the annoying snipers and you've got a whole world of hurt on your hands. Annoying but sometimes rewarding, but mostly annoying.
Tue 30/03/10 at 18:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yep,it's screwed alright.Installed the map pack and the update but can't get a single game on it.Just get a 'error connecting to Xbox live' message.Brilliant ! :(
Tue 30/03/10 at 17:38
Regular
spoonbeast wrote:
> Some stuff.

I'm afraid I can't help with regards to the VIP code. I got the PS3 version which had a little piece of card with my VIP code on it. Well worth giving Amazon a shout anyway.

How are you finding BFBC2 now? I started off very slowly, but I'm really getting into it now. I find if I fully embrace my actual role (medic at the moment) I can rack up some serious points in Rush games. In my last 10 or so matches I've finished top 3 out of 12 (averaging about 1500 points per game).

I tend to run around looking for the action and get as involved as possible, but if I see a group of squad members needing medikits or someone needing resuscitation, that takes over as my main goal (big points). As a medic you start off with an LMG (crazy...) and after a few medic level-ups you get a sweet red-dot sight which is really helping my accuracy.

I suppose it depends what class you are though. The starter recon sniper gun is balls. The fire-rate is approximately nil, and unless you get a clean head-shot you do almost no damage. Saying that, after a couple of weapon unlocks, this class is supposed to be seriously powerful. Probably 70% of the time I die is by sniper fire.
Tue 30/03/10 at 17:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
The map pack is now up on XBL guys.I'm downloading it now.Apparently some people have been experiencing serious connection problems with it though ?.Nice work Infinity Ward,totally rape us with a stupidly overpriced add on then don't even bother to check if the damn thing works !.
Wed 17/03/10 at 22:56
Regular
"eat toast!"
Now i'm starting to get afraid.... i remember recieving 2 emails and i assumed they were to confirm order and dispatch. Now... i'm not so sure...

But this is the pc version, will i need the VIP codes? i hear there isn't one but i'm not entirely sure now. Might need to ask amazon again methinks.

EDIT: yeah sorry i'm hijackling threads, but i'm just getting desperate and worried right now.
Wed 17/03/10 at 22:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:
> well there has been an improvement in that i'm killing somethign
> for once. But another problem has arisen, Where the hell is my
> VIP code? I bought this off amazon and i can't find the code
> anywhere? Is it the CD key? Is there some sort of swanky card or
> am i suppsoe to look elsewhere for it?
>
> EDIT: actually i've been talking about BFBC2.
>
> MW2 i'm doing fine. sort of.

OK SB, cross wires but similar problems:-) The code you mention should come in an email from Amazon, a link within the email will provide instructions but it basically says:

Main menu, multiplayer drop-down list, redeem code

Can't quite remember the BC2 main interface but it's there that you enter this 'code'
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.