GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES4 Online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Fri 03/09/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Reports today as showing that the XBox version of Pro evo soccer 4 will support XBox live in some way.

No idea yet whether it will be a full online multiplayer mode or whether it will just be updates and the chance to share results etc.

Online play for this would be amazing..
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:58
Regular
Fifa is online on PS2
Fri 03/09/04 at 18:29
"I love yo... lamp."
But FIFA doesn't really hold a candle to Pro Evo. Not only that, but King Thierry shall front PES4.

Games like that can be really fun online. I play a lot of ESPN NHL, not football of course, but having a team and tactics etc makes it vaguely similar. ESPN NHL does have the benefit of being able to push opponents over the barrier into the dugouts however.

PES4 is definitely on my list.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:21
Regular
Yes, there was a live option. I missed out PES3 so don't really know the improvements, but in my opinion it's only worth buying over its prequel because of the Live option. WHich I guess is what they were aiming at.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:23
"I love yo... lamp."
Well really they should corner the market in football games on the Xbox. Sure, FIFA is on the Xbox, though I tend to think that Xbox owners have a touch more taste than average PS2 owners.

Even if it was just PES2: Rehash, it should still do well being the first PES outing on Xbox.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hardly.

Played a retard on Live who hated Nintendo because Mario was 'for geeks and rubbish'. I said he was a big man for hating bright colours, at which point he snapped and started screaming 'c**t' at me.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:26
Regular
"a.k.a King"
The good thing is their starting from scratch, meaning better graphics and improved gameplay. Unlike Rockstar who done very little to the GTA ports, Konami are going the right way to making PES4 look like an XBOX game and not a PS2 port.

As for the Live, well it needed it didn't it. If it didn't, half the bleeding UK would have cried.

Big up to the Konami.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:26
"I love yo... lamp."
Sadly the gash owners tend to be the most vociferous of them.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:28
Regular
Johnson wrote:
Konami are going the right way to making PES4 look like an
> XBOX game and not a PS2 port.
>

There's hardly any difference between them, graphics wise. I thought the controls on the XB version were more better to get to grips with though.
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:29
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Cyclone wrote:
> Hardly.
>
> Played a retard on Live who hated Nintendo because Mario was 'for
> geeks and rubbish'. I said he was a big man for hating bright
> colours, at which point he snapped and started screaming 'c**t' at
> me.

That's slightly worrying. Was he American?
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Utter idiot.

His main example of why the Cube sucks was 'In the Argos catalogue it says 4-6, while for the Xbox it says 18+. At which point I said "give Metroid Prime, one of the greatest games of the past few years to a 5 year odl on hard mode." '

Of course, his titanium-set argument won the day. That and the fact it was so easy to outwit him he got confused.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.