GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone getting Burnout 3..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Sun 05/09/04 at 14:24
Regular
Up for LIVE play this weekend? Haven't been on LIVE in ages and this looks like the only Xbox game that is of any interest this year, for me anyway. Pre-ordered the US version last week and I am really looking forward to it. I thought the first two were average at best but judging from preview/reviews and video footage this looks to be in a compeltely different league.

Anyone up for Burnout 3 LIVE?
Sun 05/09/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Touched!"
One of those Gay Weekends away eh Tilt? LOL
Mon 06/09/04 at 06:56
Regular
Just read someone's mini-review on the OXM forums (he claims to already have the Oz version - apparently released today. I reckon he's just got the pirate version. Arr).

Apparently their only gripes with it is the scoring system is a little uninvolving - just shoot for the Gold/Silver/Bronze and that's it.

Also, there is no weather feature in the game - Sunshine all the way through.

That's the bit that got me thinking. Imagine 6-Player Road Rage in the pouring rain at midnight! Hectic,insane and madness are words that do not even begin to describe it!

He also said Edge should have given it 10, then he got pounced on by people saying no game deserves 10 - a fair point as they'll never be the 'best' forever.

Well, apparently the Aussie version is out now and it's supposedly compatible with our machines, what with being PAL and all. anyone tempted to buy it?

Personally I'm going to wait until Thursday
Mon 06/09/04 at 08:36
Regular
Yeah, it is in stock tomorrow and is being shippied from Canada so I will hopefully have it Friday/Saturday, if not it will definitley be here Monday. Providing my stuff for my PC is delivered this week then I will drop Spikecast an email for Counter-Strike source and then arrange a time for Burnout 3.

Anyone with IGN Insider download their video preview of the crash courses, excellent stuff.
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:50
Regular
"All about the Beats"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Anyone with IGN Insider download their video preview of the crash
> courses, excellent stuff.

W00t
Mon 06/09/04 at 10:18
Regular
"Touched!"
Does anyone remember the promo they did with Burnout 2 on the PS2? I remember it being that on the day of release for Burnout 2 you were caught speeding you would get your speeding fine paid for if you bought the game.
Mon 06/09/04 at 11:37
Regular
Hehe, just talked the guy at Gamestation into letting me have it on Thursday, result!

So, I look forward to giving you lot a reet shpankin' :P
Mon 06/09/04 at 12:00
Regular
"Touched!"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Hehe, just talked the guy at Gamestation into letting me have it on
> Thursday, result!
>
> So, I look forward to giving you lot a reet shpankin' :P

I hate one of my local Gamestations, bunch of idiots who haven't ever played a decent game ever, you ask them a simple question and they look at you like you are talking french!
Mon 06/09/04 at 12:06
"I love yo... lamp."
Well I'll be getting mine whenever SR deliver it...

All thanks to PGR2 as well.
Mon 06/09/04 at 12:11
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I hate one of my local Gamestations, bunch of idiots who haven't ever
> played a decent game ever, you ask them a simple question and they
> look at you like you are talking french!

There's onl yone person like that in ours, but he's not so much a dumb ass, just a moody sod with a 'can't-be-arsed' attitude.

And congrats Biggles :D
Mon 06/09/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Touched!"
Can you actually race a truck as one of the 70 vehicles or is that just part of the traffic..I'd love to get really far ahead and just watch someone fly into the side of me :D..I'm sadistic aint I...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.