GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Thu 09/09/04 at 12:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Freakin class.
Page:
Sat 25/09/04 at 19:59
Regular
"8==="
Exactly I find I feel very little incentive to play either. Burnout's cumulative time spent playing stats are pretty crap and were the final straw as far as the current crop of xbox racers were concerned. So they're gone and good riddance!

Although if SWB kept stats I think it'd be a classic even two years down the line.

Shame.

It'll be dead come Halo 2, although quite a few others will be aswell. I think the best thing about it is it has shown me how good Ghost Recon 2 will be now it's in 3rd person.

Jumped back onto SC:PT today and had some fantastic games, what made me come back to it? I want to bring my miserable stats up a bit with some respected players for competition. Also those same stats gave us warnings about who was likely going to jump from a game (some poor fool with a -1400 penalty!).

Anyway...
Sat 25/09/04 at 19:53
Regular
I've noticed that nobody really plays this online at all anymore. And I think it'll be the same next week with Battlefront when everyone gets bored of it.
Sat 25/09/04 at 19:36
Regular
"8==="
Ones based around simple arcade principles yes.

The more possibilities, depth and strategy a game has the more it will keep me interested.

Burnout 3 is very limited in these areas.

Thief 3 would have had made me complete it my now if it's save system hadn't screwed up.

Deus Ex, Gladius anything with a reasonable level of development/choice as far as story/character/game progression goes are fantastic.

Crappy control systems don't help an interesting-ish game (MGS2)

A crappy camera will give a game a small lifespan (Conan)

A lightweight system mimicking more indepth games will sometimes be unappealing (TS2, most EA games)

I'd say my one weakness as far as simple games go is for hack/blast and slash games like BG:DA, Night Caster, Serious Sam, New Legends but most have a level of character development and stories so there's always decent goals to be going for.

More games like Phantom Crash needed! Yay!

/ramble
Sat 25/09/04 at 19:14
So, just a short attention span for games then?
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:51
Regular
"8==="
I do I have films, listening to/making music and my g/f.
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:04
Hmm, maybe you should stop playing once in a while?

Just a suggestion.
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:02
Regular
"8==="
Played it for 2 weeks, got bored exchanged it for a game I got bored with even quicker (7 hours play THAT'S a new record for me) which I'm currently selling off.

FFS roll on Halo 2, Ghost Recon 2, TS:FP and the others!
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> Driver 3, god that was a frustrating game, I couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

After I said this last night, I looked up some cheats for Driver and unlocked all the missions. I managed to finish the final mission and man, am I glad I cheated to finish it, because the ending was utterly pathetic. Now all I need to do is find all the Tommi Vermacelli guys.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:39
Regular
It's great while it lasts, then you're left with only the Preveiw Laps and Special Events and it's crap.

Also, pretty much each car in a series (bar special) seems to be the same as all the others in tat series.
Sat 25/09/04 at 14:15
Regular
"Touched!"
It's good while it lasts, I've clocked up 50 hours on this game and I'm just about sick of it now, probably one of the few games that has kept me coming back for more.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.