GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bargain Watch"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/12/06 at 13:30
Regular
(Lame theme music plays)

Ok, I'll start us off. Lumines 2 amazon £15.

Beat that one chaps :P
Fri 02/03/07 at 15:50
"possibly impossible"
They have Crackdown, but no Lost Planet or GOW, which are the 2 I want.

Maybe I'll get a chance to go to the other one in Exeter tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to wait till Wednesday.
Fri 02/03/07 at 15:29
Regular
"8==="
Heh, sucks for you. Tons of stock over here. :D
Fri 02/03/07 at 15:19
"possibly impossible"
Saints Row could have been another one.

Yes. Bring in any Pre-owned chart game and get a brand new chart (different chart) game for £14.99.

...if it's in stock...
Fri 02/03/07 at 10:46
Regular
"8==="
Had just shutdown the comp and realised you were on about the limits on what you can trade-in (must be under that tiny '* terms and conditions apply' bit in the shop) most of what I said still applies I guess.

Still might try my luck with a old title though. :)
Fri 02/03/07 at 08:53
Regular
"8==="
> Just Cause 20/25 quid in HMV
> Tiger Woods 2007 - 20/25 quid in HMV
> Gears of War - 22 quid on it's own in Blockbuster
> FEAR - About 25 quid
> Fifa 2007 - 14 quid on play (or it was last time I checked)
> Oblivion* - 20 quid
> Call of Duty 3 - 27 quid
> Need for Speed Carbon - 27 quid
> Test Drive Unlimited* - 20 quid
> Dead Rising* - 20 quid

Starred titles are in a BOGOF deal in HMV at about 40 quid.

So a lot of those aren't such a great deal in the £14.99 offer but Crackdown and Battlestations: Midway being in there really is a pretty sweet deal as they're both still selling at full RRP everywhere else.
Fri 02/03/07 at 08:48
Regular
"8==="
Yeah in one store here there's a limit but in the other they haven't bothered to sticker the stock and there's just a display DVD case saying that any 360 game in the store is available in the 14.99 deal.

As the current second-hand list is generally full of recent titles it's not bad, although I suppose it does mean you have to wait about a week to get the new titles at the bargain price.
Fri 02/03/07 at 08:42
"possibly impossible"
It's only the second hand chart that you can trade in to get a new game for £14.99.

But then yesterday I went in to GAME and traded in another, cheaper, game against a second hand Tiger Woods 07, then traded this in for GOW and store credit, so it still works against Blockbuster. (actually, I didn't end up getting GOW as they'd un-surprisingly sold out).

However, only allowing you the current second hand chart does limit things a bit.

Trying to remember what these are:

Just Cause
Tiger Woods 2007
Gears of War
FEAR
Fifa 2007
Oblivion
Call of Duty 3
Need for Speed Carbon
Test Drive Unlimited (possibly)
Dead Rising (possibly)

If anyone's going in to Blockbuster they can confirm the rest...
Fri 02/03/07 at 07:13
Regular
"8==="
It's only just occured to me just how silly this deal is.

If Blockbuster has a game that I want, that's in the £14.99 offer as all the brand new games seem to be, I can buy another brand new game from Woolies/HMV trade it in for 26 quid or so get the game I actually want for £14.99 and net myself some bonus store credit every single time.

It seems like they haven't thought it through really, I'd expect to see 'exempt from £14.99 offer' stickers appearing on things like GRAW 2 in the coming weeks. :D
Thu 01/03/07 at 12:35
Regular
"8==="
Yep. You might have to make up the difference though as Kameo might only be worth 6 quid as a trade-in, so they'd need another 8 quid from you. :)
Thu 01/03/07 at 12:32
"possibly impossible"
Hedfix wrote:
> So good it deserves to be put in bold:
>
> Blockbuster:
>
> Trade-in one 360 game and get another 360 game for £14.99.
> Ones you can get for £14.99 include Gears of War, Battle
> Stations: Midway, Crackdown and Fifa 07.
>
> Fifa 07's not really a bargain but the others are. I traded in
> Crackdown for 26 quid, got Midway for 14.99 and still have 11
> quid in credit. :)

>
> Think I saw a similar PS2 deal aswell.

Is that trade in for any 360 game? SO I can trade in Kameo and get GOW?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.