GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bargain Watch"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/12/06 at 13:30
Regular
(Lame theme music plays)

Ok, I'll start us off. Lumines 2 amazon £15.

Beat that one chaps :P
Wed 07/03/07 at 13:58
"possibly impossible"
Wish I'd got a new staff member when I tried it :D

Got better deals from GAME the last few days, anyway.

Traded Kororinpa (completed) on Wii and Warioware on DS (without instructions) for Crackdown on 360. Then traded Kameo, Mario Kart DS and Full Auto for Lost Planet.

I don't need the DS games now I have the M3 Simply cart.
Wed 07/03/07 at 13:50
Regular
"8==="
I double checked the Blockbuster offer.

I got lucky and that Blockbuster deal screws around with their trade-in deals. It's good if you've got a game worth less than 15-20 quid that's in the trade-in charts but if it's worth more as a seperate trade then you're better off doing that.

And THEN they want another 14.99 on top of that! Not a brilliant deal. :(
Mon 05/03/07 at 17:40
Regular
I'll send you Bust a Move :P
Mon 05/03/07 at 17:33
"possibly impossible"
I could do with that...
Mon 05/03/07 at 16:52
Regular
My friend just gave me many many PSP isos. That should save me alot of money :P
Mon 05/03/07 at 14:23
Regular
"8==="
pb wrote:
>
> But you then need to trade in 2 games, as the credit on the
> first one (the one in the Second Hand list) doesn't count
> towards the £14.99.
>
> So: Trade in Saints Row (£17 Store Credit) as the
> trade-in, then they want another game to pay for the
> £14.99...

:S

That didn't happen with me, it was the first time the girl'd done it. I got the trade-in value and then used it to get the 14.99 game.

I don't get that, you should be able to use the store credit from the trade-in to get the £14.99 game that became a 14.99 one from your trade-in.

Hmmmm, I'm going to have to double check this with the 'Buster people before I try this again for Ghost Recon 2. :S
Mon 05/03/07 at 14:16
"possibly impossible"
Hedfix wrote:
> pb wrote:
> This Blockbuster thing isn't as good a deal as I first thought.
> First they need you to trade any game on the list THEN you have
> to pay £14.99 on top of that.
>
> Yes, I clearly explained that. Hence why you have to trade-in a
> recent title (worth about 26 quid in store credit) and then get
> the other game (obviously you want to go for one worth 30+ quid)
> for £14.99 (using your credit) this leave you with bonus
> store credit.
>
> Basically it's like buying a normal game except you get about 10
> quid store credit on top of it.

But you then need to trade in 2 games, as the credit on the first one (the one in the Second Hand list) doesn't count towards the £14.99.

So: Trade in Saints Row (£17 Store Credit) as the trade-in, then they want another game to pay for the £14.99...
Mon 05/03/07 at 02:50
Regular
"8==="
pb wrote:
> This Blockbuster thing isn't as good a deal as I first thought.
> First they need you to trade any game on the list THEN you have
> to pay £14.99 on top of that.

Yes, I clearly explained that. Hence why you have to trade-in a recent title (worth about 26 quid in store credit) and then get the other game (obviously you want to go for one worth 30+ quid) for £14.99 (using your credit) this leave you with bonus store credit.

Basically it's like buying a normal game except you get about 10 quid store credit on top of it.
Sun 04/03/07 at 22:46
"possibly impossible"
This Blockbuster thing isn't as good a deal as I first thought. First they need you to trade any game on the list THEN you have to pay £14.99 on top of that.

I got GOW anyway and ended up trading in some other stuff for Lost Planet.

I'll have to get Crackdown some other way...
Fri 02/03/07 at 16:01
Regular
"8==="
Hmmmm, normally I'd say get Crackdown because you can get 30 hours out of it in about 5 days and then trade it back in for something else, but in your case I can't. :(

I still say give Crackdown a try it's surprisingly brilliant and actually goes beyond the hype. They didn't need to hedge their bets with the inclusion of the Halo 3 Beta either. It's absolute gold while it lasts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.