GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can Ocarina of time be Defeated?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time'.
Sun 12/09/04 at 18:45
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
As some people know in 2005 a new Legend of Zelda game will be released in the UK, many are wondering if it can become an even better game than the unforgettable Ocarina of time on the N64. This game sounds good and from what i've seen looks good but can it really become better than the Ocarina of Time?
Tue 14/09/04 at 23:58
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Link to the Past.
Tue 14/09/04 at 22:24
> Can Ocarina of time be Defeated?

Yes, Banjo's banjo is much better.
Tue 14/09/04 at 22:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
> Can Ocarina of time be Defeated?

Link's Awakening is still better :^D
Tue 14/09/04 at 20:23
Regular
"boom boom click"
Can Ocarina of time be Defeated?

NO!
Tue 14/09/04 at 20:07
"period drama"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> The trouble is, OOT was the first time we played Zelda in a massive 3D
> world, so it has the special kind of 'wow' factor we won't
> experience again until virtual reality or something.

Well, not for me, seeing as I'd never played it before it came with WW. And it's one my favorite games now, so the wow factor didn't come into it.
Tue 14/09/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
You never know, a while ago, they considered 'Timesplitters 2' to be the new 'Goldenbeye 007'.

It might happen, you never know!
Mon 13/09/04 at 23:26
Regular
It is better than 64 in the sense that the game is technically superior in fluidity of movement and graphics and even a more comprehensive story.

But Mario 64 had far more variety and didn't squeeze every drop of potential out of every level so it does have advantages over it.

But IMO Sunshine is better than 64.

Wind Waker is more comical than OOT and MM, it also has a far superior graphics engine, combat system and featured more variety in the game (although there is a lot of variety in all zelda games).

MM is the darkest zelda, more interactive than OOT and WW (thanks to the 3-day systems), had a more collecting theme to the game, is the bizzarist Zelda and the most involving. It does have a naff save system and introduced us to Tingle. Still my favourite Zelda.

OOT is the longest Zelda, had the best traditional storyline, was fantastic in that it felt like a complete package. Not a small beaut like MM or an unfinished masterpiece like WW... a complete mammoth title with so much to do, collect and even encouraged the player to re-visit areas.

I prefer MM. But to be fair I love all 3 of the 3D Zelda titles.
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:06
Regular
Na, that's bull, I think it was better the the Wind Waker, which was my first Zelda game, however, WW does exceed it in parts.

However, that factor is apparant with Mario Sunshine, which IMO is better than Mario 64, but Sunshine doesn't beat the wow factor given by 64, so people regard it as inferior.
Mon 13/09/04 at 16:00
Regular
The trouble is, OOT was the first time we played Zelda in a massive 3D world, so it has the special kind of 'wow' factor we won't experience again until virtual reality or something.
Sun 12/09/04 at 23:25
Regular
Ashman wrote:

> And OoT can be bettered, its more than possible, but it will take
> something special.

And it was called Majora's MAsk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.