GetDotted Domains

At GetDotted, a 1 year .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk or .org.uk registration is now just £1.95 ex VAT.

Search Domains Now

Viewing Thread:
"Can Ocarina of time be Defeated?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time'.
Sun 12/09/04 at 18:45
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
Posts: 212
As some people know in 2005 a new Legend of Zelda game will be released in the UK, many are wondering if it can become an even better game than the unforgettable Ocarina of time on the N64. This game sounds good and from what i've seen looks good but can it really become better than the Ocarina of Time?
Sun 26/09/04 at 01:05
Regular
Posts: 18,185
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> The correct answer: Wind Waker was a brilliant game and better than
> most other games in this console generation. However, compared to OOT
> and MM it lacked a few special things and wasn't as long as it should
> have been, therefore making it dissapointing.

Alright okay I see your point.

But it was only a dissapointment in the length department and the fact there were some minor irritating sections.

When it comes to the battle system, the humour and the graphical style... it exceeded expectations.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:30
Regular
"Braaains"
Posts: 439
No, you can never the get the number of objects needed to get past Maria as the game is bugged. Willy will wander his mansion forever. Oh, wait, wrong game.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:43
Regular
Posts: 11,875
The correct answer: Wind Waker was a brilliant game and better than most other games in this console generation. However, compared to OOT and MM it lacked a few special things and wasn't as long as it should have been, therefore making it dissapointing.


Now shut up.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:32
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Posts: 877
Zelda=overratted
I remember when i had an N64, all the hype and then i got and thought wow this is really dull.
Sat 25/09/04 at 15:20
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Posts: 11,948
Wind Waker sucked because of that damn branch.
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:13
Regular
Posts: 18,185
Cyclone wrote:
> It was disappointing to an extent - but it was also one of the most
> beautiful games I've ever played, and kept me going for eons. OOT was
> of course, better, but then again, WW was very different for Zelda,
> and I love it.

What he said.


Oh and criticising sailing is a small moan that has been blown way out of proportion.

It really isn't all that bad.
Wed 22/09/04 at 17:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Posts: 18,825
It was disappointing to an extent - but it was also one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, and kept me going for eons. OOT was of course, better, but then again, WW was very different for Zelda, and I love it.
Wed 22/09/04 at 17:45
Regular
Posts: 13,611
Dringo wrote:
> You all need glasses.

And you need to remove your rose-tinted ones.

> Wind Waker was so much fun, treasure hunting in the see, the
> nostalgia of the temple, the gorgeous graphics, the comic side
> quests, the facial animations... the slick and fantastic combat
> system.

Treasure hunting in the sea? Fun? Hah! After the novelty wore off this was, to be blunt, boredom. A monotony of trial and error with repetitive results. There were disappointingly few side-quests and you can't count nostalgia as a plus point. The graphics were lovely, the combat system was slick but the game was disappointing.

There was only one decent village, there was far too much sailing and there were sections that were less nostalgic than they were unoriginal. And that's not to mention the painful process of having to buy maps, as well as seek out treasure in order to proceed.

A bad game? No, no - not at all; there's a multitude of positive things to be said. All in all, it was excellent. But was it disappointing? Yes.
Wed 22/09/04 at 13:47
Regular
Posts: 18,185
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> I agree with Mav.
>
> Ditto.

You all need glasses.

Wind Waker was a stunning adventure that felt exactly the same as the Zelda games.

I remember argueing with someone or other over Sunshine until I was blue in the face. 2 months later he returned to the game and realised I was right all along and he was just looking at the game in a negative light.

Wind Waker was so much fun, treasure hunting in the see, the nostalgia of the temple, the gorgeous graphics, the comic side quests, the facial animations... the slick and fantastic combat system.

In fact that combat system is by far the greatest aspect of the entire game, beating any Zelda game to a pulp. It is the main reason that Wind Waker excels past the likes of Beyond Good and evil.

Wind Waker may have been a step sideways from Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time rather than the step up we all wanted. But it wasn't a step backwards. There was too much good in it to find the game "dissapointing"...

I never complete a game I'm not totally enjoying.
Wed 22/09/04 at 08:14
"The Will of D."
Posts: 5,643
Memorandum! wrote:
> I agree with Mav.

Ditto.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.