GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call of Duty UO"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: United Offensive'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 20:31
Regular
Just to let you know, the demo is now out.

I'm downloading it from fileshack as I type.
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:30
Regular
The ranking system and air strikes have been used before in Enemy Territory.

How much did you pay for it?
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mode wrote:
> Yes, please tell me about the multiplayer?
> Do you need the CD in to play multiplayer?

I've not played multiplayer yet, I'll give it a go later as I'm interested in the "reward" system where players can be promoted from Private, though to Rifleman, Squad Leader, Section Sergeant and Platoon Sergeant. With increased rank comes new abilities.

The single player though is great. The American campaign is furious throughout, the attack on Foy is brilliantly done, a dangerous charge over a massive open field before going house to house clearing out Germans, all the while tanks and soldiers battling it out, you actually feel as though you're a bit player in a bigger conflict.

The final US mission is annoying though, holding a chateau from a stupendous amount of infantry, half-tracks and tanks, I finally had to use a god cheat to get past it due to the amount of times I was getting killed. Thankfully the rest of the game I’ve played so far is great stuff.

I'm playing as the British right now, starts with a corker of a mission where you shoot down dozens of aircraft while in a B-17, with your plane getting shot to pieces. It's still fairly short, though the missions are far bigger than the missions in the original game. So far, so good, I'm looking forward to those huge battles as the Russians, and the new deployable machine guns are excellent. I’ve read there are flamethrowers too, not come across any yet though.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:26
Regular
Scope wrote:
> Nah you don't.

Good.
The MP maps would have to be larger than those on CoD because of the inclusion of vehicles.
Is the idea of a jeep to pile your mates into and drive around, or is it a jeep where you have one guy driving and a guy on the back shooting?
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:23
Regular
Nah you don't.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:16
Regular
Yes, please tell me about the multiplayer?
Do you need the CD in to play multiplayer?
Sat 25/09/04 at 12:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Whoo, got the expansion today, got to re-install the orignal CoD before I play it though, I'll post what I think after I finally get to play. Can't wait either, I've been dying for my next CoD fix for a bleedin' age.
Fri 24/09/04 at 19:33
Regular
220Mbs of pure fun.
No more crappy Panzerfaust, the bazooka is good.
The snipers scope has been improved, it is now dirtied.
Looks great, im going to flog some stuff.
Fri 24/09/04 at 14:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
W00t, finished.

EDIT: Excellent stuff
Fri 24/09/04 at 14:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive started downloading this now.
Thu 23/09/04 at 20:43
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I don't know why, but I just knew this couldn't disappoint.
Indeed, it's only the demo, but things are looking so good already.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.