GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call of Duty UO"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: United Offensive'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 20:31
Regular
Just to let you know, the demo is now out.

I'm downloading it from fileshack as I type.
Sun 26/09/04 at 22:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
All your questions answered, to the best of my abilities:

Also are the sizes of the MP levels increased so that you can take full advantage of the jeeps and tanks?

Tanks and Jeeps don’t come on every map, but the ones they do are suitable large in scale. There are also plenty of tanks laying around, enough for everyone, though that doesn’t mean they have the upper hand, just that there’s more to shoot at.

The original MP levels do they have tanks and jeeps added to them?

As far as I can tell (I’ve only played a few of the original maps) no, but all the other new enhancements such the ranking system, new weapons, smoke grenades and so forth are all there.

Do you select a 'job' at the beginning of the game like 'Medic' or 'Engineers'?

No, not a huge loss though. You do get certain abilities with higher ranks, but nothing major.

Are you able to repair tanks and jeeps.

Again, no, but as mentioned above there are so many tanks and jeeps around that you don’t have to repair them, they’ll always be a fresh tank or jeep near by.

And are the vehicles of Battlefield 1942/Vietnam standards?

The tanks are a doddle to control, a simple mouse/keyboard combo which works brilliantly considering the size of the things. The jeeps don’t quite match Battlefield 1942’s though, a bit too slippery when turning which made me veer off into rubble and buildings all too often.

The multiplayer on the whole is quite excellent. Didn’t think much of the original CoD online, but this one is addictive stuff. Huge battles, some great new weapons (including the deployable machine guns and flamethrowers) and bags of variety. Now I’ve completed the single player (painfully short I’m afraid) I’ll give more of my attention to the online aspect.
Sun 26/09/04 at 14:12
Regular
The bouncing humvee in Operation Flashpoint.

:^)
Sun 26/09/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
And are the vehicles of Battlefield 1942/Vietnam standards?
I've yet to come across an FPS which has got the vehicles in it so spot on.
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:43
Regular
Also are the sizes of the MP levels increased so that you can take full advantage of the jeeps and tanks?
The original MP levels do they have tanks and jeeps added to them?
Do you select a 'job' at the beggining of the game like 'Medic' or 'Engineers'?
Are you able to repair tanks and jeeps.

Some more questions for you, as you see i have no money and i want to buy this game only if it meets sufficient requirements.

Thanks
James.
Sun 26/09/04 at 09:42
Regular
I shouldn't think people would take too much notice of the ranking system. On RTCW: Enemy Territory the ranking/promoting system wasnt taken seriously.
You could have some guy about a mile away from the action firing mortars into the battle and they could have been fully promoted, then you would have a bunch of guys fighting a massive battle and they were still Private First Class.
I can remember once i got promoted the lieutenent by throwing 3 grenades and killing eleven Nazis. Happy Times.

Anyone else play ET?
Sun 26/09/04 at 00:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
There are quite a few big servers up. I just had a go and it certainly does bring the ferocity of the single player to the online battles. Jeeps are pants though, they can carry three men (one driving, one passenger and a machine gunner) but are sitting ducks to the many tanks and bazooka infantry.

The action is fast throughout with huge battles. Tanks are easy to control, but just as easy to loose against anti-tank teams, but at least they don't unfairly dominate the map. It's good fun, will play it more tomorrow.
Sat 25/09/04 at 23:00
Regular
I think I will wait until I have enough cash to buy it.
Are there many servers online at the moment?
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I saw someone selling UO on e-bay for £10! Then I saw they where charging an extra £10 for posting. Much of the other auctions aren't that much cheaper than some online retailers, though that'll be due to the games newness I suppose.
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:41
Regular
Not bad,
I would only be buying it for the multiplayer I suppose. It would be worth looking on eBay.
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
£16.99, from our very own Special Reserve.

Many other places have it around £20, Asda are even selling it for £25, but then that's supermarkets for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.