GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call of Duty UO"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: United Offensive'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 20:31
Regular
Just to let you know, the demo is now out.

I'm downloading it from fileshack as I type.
Fri 01/10/04 at 13:47
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
gurilla i think you will find. :)

But yeh looks good. Can't wait to get broadband in a week and start playing again. Though i still love maps like brecourt and hurtgen on TDM. I just get a kar98 and snipe people.
Thu 30/09/04 at 00:57
Regular
Brrr crazy game I'm on last Russian Single player map, does have a bit of Framerate lag on my computer cos of the amount of bullets flying at you is mad and they've really done something great with the Quake 3 Engine my god it looks good especially the water.
Wed 29/09/04 at 16:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I had a go on the "Foy" map today, excellent stuff. You had huge tank battles between American and axis tanks both trying to attack or defend bunkers, while others went for more gorilla style tactics and where on foot.

I had a few goes in the tanks but kept getting killed, so opted for going on foot, picked up a bazooka and went around the town waiting for a tank to come by so I could ambush it. This is such a big improvement over the first game.
Wed 29/09/04 at 04:03
Regular
AWESOME will try multiplayer later on today :D
Tue 28/09/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It arrived this morning, and it's wonderful.
Tue 28/09/04 at 11:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mode wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> I can't wait to see what the sequel has to offer.
>
> Higher Specs...
> I need to build a new machine.

I'm thinking more, better graphics to allow bigger maps, and perhaps even destructible terrain. Destructible terrain and the physics engine used in Half Life 2, now that'd be a great combination.
Mon 27/09/04 at 17:50
Regular
cipro wrote:
> I can't wait to see what the sequel has to offer.

Higher Specs...
I need to build a new machine.
Mon 27/09/04 at 16:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The beginning of the Russian campaign is excellent. A bit like the opening to the original CoD, but on a much larger scale, and in open ground.

It starts off with you getting off a train and loading into a nearby truck, there are dozens of russian troops and tanks all heading to the same place as you, the front line. Stuka's dive bomb over head, artillery completely engulfs the area and all this before you are given a rifle and told to hold the front again a huge German advance.

Great stuff, I can't wait to see what the sequel has to offer.
Mon 27/09/04 at 09:11
Regular
I think someone said earlier in this thread that they didn't think it could get any better than the original, judging from what I have seen and played it has somehow managed it. The demo is unbelievable, the word "exciting" springs to mind. A smile came across my face as you jump into the back of the Jeep for some truly excellent on rail action akin to the first Call of Duty.

The atmosphere, tension and sheer enjoyment levels this game offers is unlike any other game of its kind and or otherwise.

Thumbs up, top stuff!
Mon 27/09/04 at 08:10
Regular
Should be getting this soon.
:D

Thanks for answering my questions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.