GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind...worth it???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Fri 17/09/04 at 20:56
Regular
I've barely been playing my xbox lately, so I'm looking to buy a new game. One which will last me ages and will be fun and addictive. Morrowind seems to fit the bill pretty well. So, is it worth it for 15 quid? Will it last me a while?
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Braaains"
soul101 wrote:
> KOTOR rules... i have finished the light and dark side quests like 5
> times each, and i'm still playing it. it is a little boxed in though,
> especially when compared to morrowind.

But the Dark Side ending is just fantastic... most satisyfing game ending I've seen in a long time.
Mon 27/09/04 at 13:59
Regular
"8==="
Ah well there y'go.

I knew they'd mentioned it. :)
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:42
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
KOTOR rules... i have finished the light and dark side quests like 5 times each, and i'm still playing it. it is a little boxed in though, especially when compared to morrowind.
Sun 26/09/04 at 23:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ohh, to be honest, the journal thing makes it far more appealing!

I'm going to peruse...

RUBBISH!

'Furthermore, one important aspect of the updated PC version of Morrowind unfortunately didn't make it into the Xbox version of Morrowind Game of the Year Edition: an organized journal. In the original release of the game, one consequence of being able to travel anywhere in a huge, open-ended world and to take on countless quests from countless non-player characters was that all those quests would be annotated in chronological order in a journal that, before long, would be the size of a novel. Trying to track down the name of the character or the destination of a quest, much less remember which quests you still had pending and which quests you'd already finished, could be a real headache. This problem was addressed in a patch for the PC version of Morrowind, which allowed you to browse your journal by quest and filter out completed quests. Apparently, though, some technical issues prevented this feature from being easily imported into this Xbox rerelease. Regardless of what could have been, though, the difficulty of keeping track of your quests is still a big problem in the Xbox version of Morrowind Game of the Year Edition. '
Sun 26/09/04 at 19:06
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> So, say I was sitting in the middle of some god-forsaken back water
> full of nasties, and I transferred save files...I'd be in the same
> place?

Uh-huh.
Sun 26/09/04 at 19:05
Regular
"8==="
I believe the journal's fixed.

remember gamespot/ign mentioning it.
Sun 26/09/04 at 19:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
So, say I was sitting in the middle of some god-forsaken back water full of nasties, and I transferred save files...I'd be in the same place?

IS THE JOURNAL FIXED IN GOTY?

Because trawling through 100-odd pages of text to find some random wannabe-Tolkien name is boring.
Sun 26/09/04 at 19:00
Regular
Yup.
Sun 26/09/04 at 18:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Question - If I was to get GOTY, could I transfer save files from Morrowind 'normal'?
Sun 26/09/04 at 18:57
Regular
People will tell you Morrowind takes fifty hours to get into, but I loved it from the start. Nobody's a warrior straight away, yet despite your inability to take on a rat, you can set about carrying out more academic tasks, such as murder enquiries, finding thieves and enrolling in guilds. Stick to the towns until you become fighting fit, and you'll have plenty to do while building up skills.

Get the Game of the Year edition, though. Includes the two expansion packs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.