GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shigeru Miyamoto Vs. Hideo Kojima!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
Mario Vs. Snake Solid? - Not quite, these, as you all probably know, are the men behind the two gaming icons. Shigsy has a litle more creativity, but there's no doubting that Hideo is one hell of a games maker!

MGS2 is probably the most sound game around. I know all of you will have your preferances, but through the critics eye, MGS2 is near-prefect...

But then again, would there be room for Snake Solid if Mario hadn't opened up the gaming industry?! I don't think so!

In my book, Shigsy wins, not just because of his 'wacky' games, although they're a deciding factor, but more because of what he's done for the industry. Mario Bros. broke ground... it has done everytime an installment of the series was released... and then running around in full 3D in Super Mario 64... Gaming heaven!

I don't really think Hideo has done half as much for the industry... My views may be one-sided, but I don't see how...

Based on my knowledge... which isn't loads but a lot... Shigsy is overall a better contributor to the industry...

Shigsy 1 - 0 Hideo

Who'll score next?

You decide.

Game
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:24
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Spider II wrote:
when the first mario
> game came out on the
> SNES it was a great success and even thoguh i
> didnt have a
> SNES i often played at my firends and cousins.

AAAHHHGGGGG,
> is there anyone on here who can remember as far back as the NES (not
> the SNES!!!)

what is a "NES" ;)

Sonic
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:23
Spider II wrote:
when the first mario
> game came out on the SNES it was a great success and even thoguh i
> didnt have a SNES i often played at my firends and cousins.

AAAHHHGGGGG, is there anyone on here who can remember as far back as the NES (not the SNES!!!)
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Comfirmed, Meteoroid is indeed a sequel.
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:21
I think you got the names mixed up Spider! (either that or I'm reading it wrong).

...oh and Metroid definately is a sequel, I think it started on the NES. There have definately been Metroid games on the SNES and Gameboy!!

I have Super Metroid (SNES- Brilliant game) and Metroid 2 (Gameboy- another fine game) myself! So either it's a sequel or the makers of Metroid on the GC have got a law suit on their hands!
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:11
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Kid Rock wrote:
> the sony person

???

Sonic
Sat 16/06/01 at 09:00
Regular
"Hoo Har"
In think the creator Hideo deserves a medal. Thoguh Shigure created probly one of the best games around MGS, which will soon be MGS2.

Hideo started the gaming craze off, when the first mario game came out on the SNES it was a great success and even thoguh i didnt have a SNES i often played at my firends and cousins. I think if there wasn't mario i'd doubt there'd be Sonic, and Chrash Bandicoot and all the other mascots.

Butnow i think that for the Gcube as well as having Mario as an mascot they should have someone else, so the Gcube feels real. And on the subject of mascots PS2 reallly should have one. I mean everyone know the games Ridge Racer and Tekken even if they dont have a PS1 or PS2. I suppose crash bandicoot is a bit of a mascot but he's not on the PS2.
If solid snake was one it would probly scare younger children away and if Lara Croft became one girls would defenltl complain that there using her as a sex symbol.

I defently think Sony should get a mascot!
Sat 16/06/01 at 08:09
Regular
the sony person
Fri 15/06/01 at 21:25
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
zeldapro wrote:
> Sigeru Myamoto I dont know if you have yet but look at his new games
> for the GameCube, like Animal Forest, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda,
> StarFox Adventures: Dino Planet, Super Smash Bros Melee etc.

Actually, how many games is Miyamoto actually making??? coz I really can;t think of that many? out of the above list, ONLY the folling games are made by him:

Luigi's mansion
This doesn't sound that great now that I've heard what u do! U are in a haunted house. U move with the C-analogue and use the normal analogue stick to move a hover about which u use to suck up ghosts. Although the FMV sequences look cool, the actual in game action is just a set of rooms that u clear of ghosts!

Zelda
OK! Best game! No doubt!

Animal forest
From what I know (and it's not alot) this is just as simple as Chu-chu rocket... not a HUGE game

all the other games are made by 2nd party companies... inc Metroid (which is a sequal to several other games (aimed at THE GAME!)), since Ninty have given the game to HAL studios to make!

Sonic
Thu 14/06/01 at 19:53
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
zeldapro wrote:

He has made most of the greatest games for
> the Ninty and the GC and the GBA, and anyway he helped a bit with
> StarFox!
It was his idea to put Fox mcloud in it and the gang, well
> thats what I read anywhoo!

I do not dounbt he is the cream de la creme of games makers and that he does not do great things! How could I say that after having played the amazing Zelda 64!

BUT, this topic was about your opinions, not a debate on who is better... and in my opinion Kojima has advanced the industry further lately that Shigsy has.

The way I see it, shigsy is trying to make the GCs initial instalment of games brillinat, but not totally revolutionary. This will be a "safe bet" to win consumers. After that expect the next Zelda game (or whatever) to push the boundries of gaming with new technology and interaction etc.

Kojima on the other hand IS radicalising the industry... he is truely bringing AI and film like quality to games!

Maybe if asked this question in a year when Shigsy really gets on top I will answer differently... but at the moment I still by my guns!

Sonic
Thu 14/06/01 at 19:46
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sniper wrote:
> Smash Brothers not made by Shigsy it's HAL!
Animal Forest not
> sequel.... Metroid not made by him but not sequel...

I'm sure metroid is a sequal???? Samus Arron games right? First on the SNES right? I think so!

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.