GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shigeru Miyamoto Vs. Hideo Kojima!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
Mario Vs. Snake Solid? - Not quite, these, as you all probably know, are the men behind the two gaming icons. Shigsy has a litle more creativity, but there's no doubting that Hideo is one hell of a games maker!

MGS2 is probably the most sound game around. I know all of you will have your preferances, but through the critics eye, MGS2 is near-prefect...

But then again, would there be room for Snake Solid if Mario hadn't opened up the gaming industry?! I don't think so!

In my book, Shigsy wins, not just because of his 'wacky' games, although they're a deciding factor, but more because of what he's done for the industry. Mario Bros. broke ground... it has done everytime an installment of the series was released... and then running around in full 3D in Super Mario 64... Gaming heaven!

I don't really think Hideo has done half as much for the industry... My views may be one-sided, but I don't see how...

Based on my knowledge... which isn't loads but a lot... Shigsy is overall a better contributor to the industry...

Shigsy 1 - 0 Hideo

Who'll score next?

You decide.

Game
Sat 16/06/01 at 13:58
Regular
Bonus can remember the NES, two button rectangle pad and massive cartridges!!
Sat 16/06/01 at 13:55
"I love yo... lamp."
Shigsy definitly.Kojima is a great games maker but Shigsy is more than that he's a giant of the digital world.His games are awaited with baited breath and are nearly always fantastic long fun ways of wating your time.Yes Metroid is a sequel, I think it is the 5th Metroid game.The NES was pre SNES, the Master System was pre Mega Drive and was introduced as a competitor to the NES.The Master System was absolutly brilliant I still have mine as it was first console and I keep all my consoles.I still remember buying Sonic 2.I bought it out of Dixons for £30 incidentally but that was about 7 years ago.Now can everyone please get back to the original topic.
Biggles
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
True. I'm selling mine at the mo.
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:51
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
turbonutter wrote:
> SonicRav wrote:
> surely whoever said that was joking!

For
> the love of God, I sincerely hope so.

what was that other brick... the "Master System"???

Sonic
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
SonicRav wrote:
> surely whoever said that was joking!

For the love of God, I sincerely hope so.
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
turbonutter wrote:
> Anyone who doesn't know what a NES is should leave this forum.

surely whoever said that was joking!

Sonic
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:40
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
turbonutter wrote:
> Anyone who doesn't know what a NES is should leave this forum.

surely whoever said that was joking!

Sonic
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Anyone who doesn't know what a NES is should leave this forum.
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:28
SonicRav wrote:

>what is a "NES" ;)

Sonic

It's a big grey brick that you could play Mario games on before the SNES was a gleem in its mothers eye!

(That was more for the youngsters eg Spider, not you Sonic!)
Sat 16/06/01 at 11:27
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I think i can remember the NES. SNES is NES's conversion!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.