GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shigeru Miyamoto Vs. Hideo Kojima!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
Mario Vs. Snake Solid? - Not quite, these, as you all probably know, are the men behind the two gaming icons. Shigsy has a litle more creativity, but there's no doubting that Hideo is one hell of a games maker!

MGS2 is probably the most sound game around. I know all of you will have your preferances, but through the critics eye, MGS2 is near-prefect...

But then again, would there be room for Snake Solid if Mario hadn't opened up the gaming industry?! I don't think so!

In my book, Shigsy wins, not just because of his 'wacky' games, although they're a deciding factor, but more because of what he's done for the industry. Mario Bros. broke ground... it has done everytime an installment of the series was released... and then running around in full 3D in Super Mario 64... Gaming heaven!

I don't really think Hideo has done half as much for the industry... My views may be one-sided, but I don't see how...

Based on my knowledge... which isn't loads but a lot... Shigsy is overall a better contributor to the industry...

Shigsy 1 - 0 Hideo

Who'll score next?

You decide.

Game
Sat 16/06/01 at 18:22
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Shigsy, Kojima
Shigsy, Kojima
Shigsy, Kojima
Shigsy, Kojima

NAKA: "Is there a third option?"

Sonic ;)
Sat 16/06/01 at 15:11
LOL
Sat 16/06/01 at 15:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> This is a terrible argument. I believe it was a 'state your opinion'
> type question anyway!
Lets not resort to name calling!

Ok then... Sorry Ant.

P.S Shigsy Wins!
Sat 16/06/01 at 15:02
This is a terrible argument. I believe it was a 'state your opinion' type question anyway!
Lets not resort to name calling!
Sat 16/06/01 at 15:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
er-no wrote:
> Ant wrote:

Hideo
> Kojima wins!

Thats not what the award
> said!

>Shigsy Wins!

Ah, but who cares about material awards?? It's what's in people's hearts that counts.

So.....KOJIMA WINS!
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:54
I think that Archer Mcclain is better than them both put together. Mario? Pah! Metal Gear? Pah!

Give me IK+ any day!

(Anyone else remember IK+? It was mint!)
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:52
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ant wrote:

Hideo
> Kojima wins!

Thats not what the award said!

Shigsy Wins!
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
er-no wrote:
> Shiguru Miyamoto won the award for the best man in the world of
> video gaming for the millennium.

>Shigeru Miyamoto wins!

Yes, but Kojima has really only just entered the world of gaming.

Shigsy's games are...well in my opinion...boring. Mario has got boring.

Kojima is combining superb plots and superb gameplay, to make awesome games-and Kojima is doing lots of new things as well.

Hideo Kojima wins!
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
Shiguru Miyamoto won the award for the best man in the world of video gaming for the millennium.

Shigeru Miyamoto wins!
Sat 16/06/01 at 14:36
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, so Shigsy has had more input into the gaming world-as he helps with the consoles etc.

But the question really is: Who makes the best games?

And for me, that's Hideo Kojima.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.