GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LET IT SETTLE PLEASE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 17:55
Regular
The underlying problem with the forum is the number of Newbies coming into it. It's becoming more popular.

In time this will make the forums better.

Right now we have to work a little harder to enforce some "rules" or make some minor changes to protect the Prime Topics forum.

Overall we are moving in the right direction. Furthermore, it's only natural that people will lose interest after being here some time.

All suggestions for "tweaking" the site will be most welcome.

Is anybody in favour of making the Prime Topics forum for regulars and notables only?
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Yeah good idea Game.

Where abouts are your ideas in Prime???

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:39
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Spider - go on, you mean Webby hasn't done this yet? And I e-mailed him about it at least 4 minutes ago.

Edgy - I moved the Extra GD's onto different forums this month. i.e. there is only one per forum.

They are intended to give a wider chance of a prize, especially to those who have less chance in the main competition.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:38
I am not sure if it is a good rule but time will tell!
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:37
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Maybe you could list all the members of ukdiscussions and get everyone to say whether they should ge able to make new posts or not.

It really is the number of posts that is ruining the whole SR 'thing'. These need to be cut down...

Good Idea

Game

(read my Ideas in the Prime Forum)
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Hoo Har"
When will this idea be put into action Tony. I just went on Prime to see what would happen if i went to do a post.

Nothnig happened and i would of been able to do a post on prime!!

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:30
Regular
I'm not trying to sound ungrateful....but I think there are too many Extra Gameaday competitions at the moment!

Also ket us post topics in the games forums! There are more members now so there should be more interest in the different forums.

I for one don't like having to reply to a topic with over 1000 posts already in it. And I'd hate to be a newbie who may need to read a few hundred of those posts to understand what's going on!

Anyway those are just a few suggestions....
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:30
Blimey 40,000 is a lot!

Good plan.

That is a good plan.

You should still have a theme.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:28
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
A decision has been made. Newbies will not be able to start new topics in the Prime Topics forums.

There is no way of vetting posts by individuals to select "Regulars" and there would be a lot of argument over the selection process.

So we are stuck with posts and words, but I will consider increasing the word count.

Pseudo Savvant (That's as near as I can get) has posted 40,000 words and only just become a regular.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:24
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Tony - please check the Extra GAD comp in this forum, say something there!

Please!

Dan - I would if I had time, but the Extra GD threads need to build up, and then they are vetted all in one go. But thanks for your contributions.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:16
I myself, for one, in my opinion, feel that the division of members was a BAD idea - giving us a status 'regular' or 'newbie' and to be honest I do not think it's helped at all - it's hindered the discussions completely. Especially since the arrival of the notable labels.

I know it won't be changed, but that's just my view.

Dan2K1

Tony - please check the Extra GAD comp in this forum, say something there!

Please!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.