GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think matters more: Gameplay or Graphics??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 16:07
Regular
This has been a well discussed topic, but I feel that after seeing the GC screenshots and videos, it's time to bring it to our attention once again.

My view is sort of....in between. I say that they both matter, and they have to work...with eachother.

I believe that all games need good gameplay, but most games need good graphics as well.

I mean, would N64 fans like Perfect Dark or Goldeneye so much if they had poor graphics??

Would I like MGS so much if it had poor graphics?? Probably.

Gameplay is more important, and graphics are also needed to improve the experience. Well, that's my opinion, anyway.

What are your views??

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
When it comes down to it, graphics have only come into games recently.

In the days of Spectrum and others, graphics weren't an issue, it was the game.

Amiga, Sega and Nintendo pushed the graphics bar higher but the gameplay was the issue still.

Nowadays, we see amazing graphics and good gameplay but graphics has taken over as the think that has the most impact on people.

I personally look to the gameplay as the key issue when I choose a game although graphics are always a good bonus.
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
This has been a well discussed topic, but I feel that after seeing the GC screenshots and videos, it's time to bring it to our attention once again.

My view is sort of....in between. I say that they both matter, and they have to work...with eachother.

I believe that all games need good gameplay, but most games need good graphics as well.

I mean, would N64 fans like Perfect Dark or Goldeneye so much if they had poor graphics??

Would I like MGS so much if it had poor graphics?? Probably.

Gameplay is more important, and graphics are also needed to improve the experience. Well, that's my opinion, anyway.

What are your views??

Thanks for reading, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.