GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think matters more: Gameplay or Graphics??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 16:07
Regular
This has been a well discussed topic, but I feel that after seeing the GC screenshots and videos, it's time to bring it to our attention once again.

My view is sort of....in between. I say that they both matter, and they have to work...with eachother.

I believe that all games need good gameplay, but most games need good graphics as well.

I mean, would N64 fans like Perfect Dark or Goldeneye so much if they had poor graphics??

Would I like MGS so much if it had poor graphics?? Probably.

Gameplay is more important, and graphics are also needed to improve the experience. Well, that's my opinion, anyway.

What are your views??

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:05
Regular
I've never played rise of the Robots.
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:03
Regular
Where do you think champ man will improve on in the future? Theres only one place it can improve and thats on the Graphics, So really it does need good Graphics (or graphics that get better each year) or it would be the same game appart from the players and no one will buy it.
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:01
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
What it comes down to is this. Would you rather have gameplay with adequate graphics or graphics with adequate gameplay?

Only top quality games have the best of both.
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:59
Regular
"Sexy Mexican Worker"
it depends on what game you are playing as some games dont need great graphics to be good (like champ manager), whereas some games with great graphics have no gameplay (rise of the robots)
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:57
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
firebreath wrote:
> i think that they need to be equal because games with no graphics
> it's rubbish and with no gameplay there is no point in playin
> it!

If a game has no graphics then there would be nothing on the TV screen which would make it fairly difficult to play!

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:54
Regular
If a game had no Gameplay it would be a Movie or a short film, If a game had No Graphics it would leave the screen/your TV blank.
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:52
i think that they need to be equal because games with no graphics it's rubbish and with no gameplay there is no point in playin it!

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:42
Regular
Whoops I mucked that up abit there, sorry.
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:41
Regular
§wĄ§” wrote:
> Legendary Link wrote:
> When I first saw and played time crises
> I thourght the graphics were
> amazing for the Playstation and
> that the gameplay was below average,
> but the thats just my
> opion.

>Did I say Time Crisis? I meant FIFA 99!

Oh I can see where your comming from now, yes I agree.
but how can u get those two mixed up?
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:33
Legendary Link wrote:
> When I first saw and played time crises I thourght the graphics were
> amazing for the Playstation and that the gameplay was below average,
> but the thats just my opion.

Did I say Time Crisis? I meant FIFA 99!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.