GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thanks for all the kind words."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 14:36
Regular
"Dole scum"
Just spent the last half hour or so reading through all the posts lamenting the death of SR and wishing us well for the future. It's genuinely touching, and nice to see everyone pulling in the same direction for once, without the usual descent into bickering that had permeated most threads of late!

I'd been at SR for 7 years - almost to the exact day, I joined on 16th November - and in Marketing (and therefore a mod on here) for the last couple. For the last few months they'd moved the marketing and buying departments into the one room (we'd been 'streamlined' enough to all fit in together) and it was genuinely a really fun place to come and work - the dynamic was great.

These forums have helped pass the time in an amusing an interesting way over the years, either when I was so bored of trying to pretend that a game I'd never played was the best game, like, EVER (I've read and appropriated more game press releases than you lot have had hot dinners) and needed a break, or I simply needed to find something to pass the time while waiting for programs or large pictures to load on my impossibly old and slow computers. If I hacked anyone off with my warnings or bannings, sorry - it was genuinely never anything personal.

So, farewell to you all. It's been a great pleasure working with all my fellow marketeers. James, I'll miss having a fellow yid to talk yid-talk to on a daily basis, thanks for all the trips to Tesco - I really should give you some petrol money, shame I don't have a job. Ross, sorry your return was so short-lived, but you're so talented I reckon you'll fall on your feet and actually get paid what you're worth somewhere better. Simon, another fellow Old Newportonian (how bizarre - 4 in one office!), registered but never posted, I have no doubt you would have become legend. Short but sweet - if I passed on anything of value then I will have surprised myself, but great. (Right click, create layer - don't forget.) Tony, it was so much better having you at the top of the food chain than TR, but you were too nice and we took advantage of your generous nature with our laziness (well, I did, anyway). Seven years, man.

Good luck to everyone. To the buyers - thanks for the laughs and the tea.

Austin

PS. Now... didn't someone actually wish the dole queue on us the very day we all lost our jobs? Hope you're happy now...
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:01
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> it'll be Freeola that keeps these pages
> going if they decide in the long term that they want to.

Anyway we can set up a petition to hand to Freeola to keep this forum running? I'm sure if enough of us kicked up a fuss, somebody will keep them going?

Dole Tip: Don't smoke or drink.
Dole reality: You will smoke and drink (outside the dole office)
I would offer you a job, but I have no business - or money to pay you with. sorry.

Take care and keep coming back on this forum and let us know how things progress.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:00
Regular
Yup, I was genuinely gutted when I found out the news.

I'm not saying good bye as I'm sure these forums will carry on for a while yet, and if these do eventually close down I'm sure someone will set another up sharpish.

I also feel gutted for all the staffies, who not only had to put up with a lot of crap here recently. Yup, I'll finally admit I'm just as bad as Hedfix, but also the rather unceremonious (is that a word?) dumping of you all really can't be particularly pleasant.

What was pleasant, however, was the 5 odd years I've been posting here. It sounds a ridiculously long time when I say it like that, but it's flown by.

If I hadn't started posting on here, I wouldn't have heard a lot of the music I now listen to, or bought a lot of the films in my collection. I also would have missed out on chatting with a lot of very funny people and talked about a huge range of topics and interests.

So to all the staff: Good luck in whatever you do now.

To everyone - thanks for all the memories, but let's keep using this place while it's still going!
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:59
Regular
"the burning sky"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> As much as the loss of SR and the threatening disappearance of the
> forums has hit harder than anyone would have expected

Wasnt it only a few weeks ago there was a thread about what everyone would do if SR shutdown and the forums disappeared?
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Dole scum"
Cheers, G-Man and all.

Although we had an unofficial official policy of keeping sheepishly quiet in the face of difficult questions, in case anyone didn't know, SR and Freeola used to be all one company but split a few months back with Freeola going it's separate way. Tony, Bob, Torquay United and various others went with Freeola and have officially not had anything to do with SR since then.

SR is completely no more, and it'll be Freeola that keeps these pages going if they decide in the long term that they want to.

So basically I know absolutely no more than any of you as to what will happen here in the future. Sorry.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:54
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, good luck to you and all the staffies. It's a strange old time at the moment for everyone...
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:53
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> Kilgore Trout wrote:
> PS. Now... didn't someone actually wish the dole queue on us the
> very
> day we all lost our jobs? Hope you're happy now...
>
> I can remember reading that - perhaps Hedfix?

"Why do I bother? Quite frankly from now I'm not, I hope you all lose your jobs and end up on the dole which really is inevitable in the next few
weeks."

Smedlos posted that in Site Bugs. Rather harsh actually.

Oh, and I love you really Kilgore. :'( If I said anything on the day I was banned, I never meant any of it. :c[
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:50
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I think I speak for everyone when I say :' (

More like :','(

Even the music playing in my sixth form block is getting me teary eyed.
Again, good luck KT and pass my regards on to the rest.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:47
"period drama"
I think I speak for everyone when I say :' (

As much as the loss of SR and the threatening disappearance of the forums has hit harder than anyone would have expected, it's nothing compared to how rather psssed off everyone is at the seemingly unceremonious dumping of all you staffies, and at the worst of times.

Hugs and kisses, KT, many hugs and inappropriatly long kisses.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:44
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I never pictured you as an Austin, although you are slightly shagadelic.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:43
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Good luck in whatever the future holds. I love this website and I've enjoyed the 490 odd days of registration - so much in fact that my friends have threatened to kill me if I ask them to join again.

Have you any information on what the future holds for this chatforum? I know its on the bottom of your priority list right now. Thank-you for not hitting the "ban user" when I stupidly started a topic in the "Site Bugs" forum - very much appriciated.

Good luck again and take care

Jason

Kilgore Trout wrote:
> PS. Now... didn't someone actually wish the dole queue on us the very
> day we all lost our jobs? Hope you're happy now...

I can remember reading that - perhaps Hedfix?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.