GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thanks for all the kind words."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 14:36
Regular
"Dole scum"
Just spent the last half hour or so reading through all the posts lamenting the death of SR and wishing us well for the future. It's genuinely touching, and nice to see everyone pulling in the same direction for once, without the usual descent into bickering that had permeated most threads of late!

I'd been at SR for 7 years - almost to the exact day, I joined on 16th November - and in Marketing (and therefore a mod on here) for the last couple. For the last few months they'd moved the marketing and buying departments into the one room (we'd been 'streamlined' enough to all fit in together) and it was genuinely a really fun place to come and work - the dynamic was great.

These forums have helped pass the time in an amusing an interesting way over the years, either when I was so bored of trying to pretend that a game I'd never played was the best game, like, EVER (I've read and appropriated more game press releases than you lot have had hot dinners) and needed a break, or I simply needed to find something to pass the time while waiting for programs or large pictures to load on my impossibly old and slow computers. If I hacked anyone off with my warnings or bannings, sorry - it was genuinely never anything personal.

So, farewell to you all. It's been a great pleasure working with all my fellow marketeers. James, I'll miss having a fellow yid to talk yid-talk to on a daily basis, thanks for all the trips to Tesco - I really should give you some petrol money, shame I don't have a job. Ross, sorry your return was so short-lived, but you're so talented I reckon you'll fall on your feet and actually get paid what you're worth somewhere better. Simon, another fellow Old Newportonian (how bizarre - 4 in one office!), registered but never posted, I have no doubt you would have become legend. Short but sweet - if I passed on anything of value then I will have surprised myself, but great. (Right click, create layer - don't forget.) Tony, it was so much better having you at the top of the food chain than TR, but you were too nice and we took advantage of your generous nature with our laziness (well, I did, anyway). Seven years, man.

Good luck to everyone. To the buyers - thanks for the laughs and the tea.

Austin

PS. Now... didn't someone actually wish the dole queue on us the very day we all lost our jobs? Hope you're happy now...
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:34
Regular
"You've upset me"
Not much to add really, other than echoing the sentiment that you fall on your feet somewhere. Good luck KT.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:32
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I was going to suggest that you sign up to the new SR Reborn forums, KT, but Damarus has closed them to make sure that people keep posting here.

It really was the worst time for this to happen. I can say from a personal point of view that, although SR was the only shop my mum trusted for computer gear, I would rather the business went bust and we kept the forums, than losing the forums because they didn't help the business. It's a huge, friendly community.

Hope all goes well for you in the future, and if your next job has a forum on the company website, be sure to let us know, won't you?

All the best, mate.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:19
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> I guess if you want to drown your sorrows - head to Lidl. Its cheap
> and after a few, the taste won't matter...

Ah, finkbrau, the ultimate German beverage from Lidl.

How we love it so.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:17
"period drama"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
how rather psssed off everyone is at the seemingly
> unceremonious dumping of all you staffies,

Your Honour wrote:
but also the rather unceremonious (is that a word?)
> dumping of you all really can't be particularly pleasant.

I sure hope it's a word.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:15
Regular
Nobody knows anything more than the next person.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:13
Regular
Does anybody knows what happens to people who have pre ordered the xbox 360? Will they still get it or be issued with a refund as special reserved have now ceased trading
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:13
Regular
If you really want to do something good for this place...

...make me staff regular.

In the 4/5 years I have never came close to being Notable.

*sobs*

Good luck with the future and stuff.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:10
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Oh it's nice to hear from you as it gives us the chance to wish you all the best in the future - for you and the other folk you worked with.

I send you a virtual hug but will leave the inappropriatly long kisses to FFF :)
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Only natrual that money goes flying out. After I quit my job at lloyds pharmacy in May I developed friends (annoying as they are) who want me to eat out every night. And the thing is I'm not on EMA.

I guess if you want to drown your sorrows - head to Lidl. Its cheap and after a few, the taste won't matter...
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:05
Regular
"Dole scum"
I've never smoked, but as for drinking...

Wednesday night we all went out for a thorough sloshing (money spent = lots) and last night was my best mate's birthday (money spent = lots).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.